Ok,
I'm a right handed guitarist.
I should know this, but don't and thats why I'm asking....

When practising sitting down, should I have the guitar on my right or left knee?
I've heard having it on the wrong knee can hurt you back.

Thanks,
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Chavette by Charvel guitar (HSS)
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
i always have it on my right knee, otherwise it strains on my wrist.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
right
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
I have it always on the right knee, too. When your back hurts you sit in otherwise.

FG Slash
Knedl mid Soß. Des moga!
right knee, and its better to stand when playing cuz its better for your eyes too (i think)
Fender Highway1 USA Stratocaster
Fender FM65R 65w amplifier
Ibanez Tubescreamer 9 Overdrive pedal
Don't sit on your bed while playing because that isn't very good for your back. Sit on a chair and hold the guitar in the most comfortable way for you
#57 of the Alter Bridge Fan Club
Left knee with a footstool is the best position.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I alternate from right knee; to left knee; to in between croth (i call this f'king the guitar pos.); to standing up; to crossing legs. Depends when i start feeling back pain.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yea, and its pretty good on an RG too.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
most important is not to hunch over.

foot stools help with propper posture.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeh and if your like me and get marked on proper sitting technique for classical music you should have your back straight up, guitar on left leg, left leg on foot stool
Oh yeah, sometimes i lay flat on the bed while playing my acoustic, very very relaxing, just dont do it when ur tired coz you may fall asleep and break some things u arent supposed to
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
lol, y you ask? i'd rather do a boring scale routine then finding a nice corner to sit...
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 14, 2006,
Yea, the neck, my friend broke his acoustic neck beyond the point of repair. Kinda funny as he tried to fix it, the neck is glued bended and makes the guitar looks funny
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
You should hold it on your left because holding it there is more similar to where you hold it when you're standing up.

No sense in practicing one way and then having to learn it a whole new way when performing.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.