Yes, I have been asking a few practise questions of late......

Anyways, do you ever practise a riff, solo or scale on a bad guitar, and then play or practise the same riff on a good guitar and find you can play it better than if you had jus started on your good guitar?

I was learning Master of Puppets on my squier strat, which ain't that bad a guitar, and then moved later in the day to playing it on my Epi Les Paul, and found it so much easier to play and I could also play it perfect.

Thanks and hope that makes sense!
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Chavette by Charvel guitar (HSS)
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
umm i dont really think it would matter :S
My gear:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Schecter Damien 6
BOSS GT-8 Multi FX
BOSS MT-2
Ummm....do you like practice every song on ur crap guitar and then later on do it on a good one? thats wasting ur time unless you really like playing the squier. Its pretty pointless IMO coz you can use that time to get 'intimate' with you good guitar's action, tone, neck, fret access and other sorts of things.

Well, in my case i moved on from having a crap strat, to an intermediate guitar, still not a very good guitar. I've never used much of the strat, never really liked the neck and im planning on modifying it again.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
is a korina an advanced guitar and like what preditors talking about from a squeir to a korina would i feel the change?
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
Each guitar is setup differently, be it in its tone, action, neck, fret access, playability, control. Unless its the same model with same factory settings. And its up to you which you prefer most. A new guitar definetely takes time to get used to, or like i would say better, to get to know it more. As time goes, you will be familiarize with it and almost start forgetting about ur squier. And yes, you will feel a slight change.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
madpickin03, to answer your question, I usually play whatever guitar is to hand.
Was too lazy to go get my Epi, so learnt Master of Puppets on the squier, and then later in the day, got the Epi out and things so much easier than from starting on the Epi.
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Chavette by Charvel guitar (HSS)
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
Confidence = better playing. If the guitar sounded better then you'd be playing with more confidence and find it easier to play.
Just one song? and its all preference. You do what you feel more comfortable. You've heard this thing a lot and you will hear it again. Every musician is separated by this. If you think that the action, neck and playability on ur squier will help you play better, then use it.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 14, 2006,
Quote by Predator 182
Yes, I have been asking a few practise questions of late......

Anyways, do you ever practise a riff, solo or scale on a bad guitar, and then play or practise the same riff on a good guitar and find you can play it better than if you had jus started on your good guitar?

I was learning Master of Puppets on my squier strat, which ain't that bad a guitar, and then moved later in the day to playing it on my Epi Les Paul, and found it so much easier to play and I could also play it perfect.

Thanks and hope that makes sense!

i think its because the neck's wider, the same thing happenes on my strat and sg
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
You're going to play better on the neck that you feel more comfortable on.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.