Oi, Im in the market for an amplifier and am wondering the best bang for my buck. I play jazz and punk but I want to get into more genres as well. I have heard mesa from a lot of people, marshall from others for versatility. i have a yamaha cab for now i can use until i buy something better so i could just buy a head, or do you think it would be a total loss anyway until i got the cab anyway? sorry there was a million questions, im looking to spend like 2000(canadian).
Marshall definatley won't do a jazz sound. Mesa...maybe.

For jazz all you need is a really really nice clean tone (so Fenders tube amps would be great). For punt...tone doesn't have to be perfect. Try a Fender Twin Reverb and a distortion pedal.
Quote by seljer
Marshall definatley won't do a jazz sound. Mesa...maybe.

For jazz all you need is a really really nice clean tone (so Fenders tube amps would be great). For punt...tone doesn't have to be perfect. Try a Fender Twin Reverb and a distortion pedal.

thats a good suggestion actually. ok so tell me a couple versatile pedals. I know they can get quite pricey.
Or get a Marshall JCM800 used. If you ahve money over get a Roland JC-60 for cleans or a Cube60.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I'm thinking that a Genz-Benz EL Diablo 60 would be worth checking out. You can get the head and the 212 cab (with Eminence Private Jack speakers) for about $2000. It's very versatile. Nice cleans, good crunch tones, and really nice high-gain tones too. It's also a very warm sounding amp.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join