im new to customizing and i want to put some EMG's into my guitar. now, i been looking around and alot of what im reading includes a battery, can some explain to me, what i need if i want to put EMGs in
Quote by MedicreDemon
Metalheads aren't assholes.

It's the damn Blues fans.

Quote by Stimpomatic
one of my friends wouldnt let me play turok 2 for the n64 with him so i threw my controller at the back of his head and hit him pretty hard.

haha
Yeah, the active EMGs need a battery (the passive EMG HZs dont...but they suck). Usually there is enough space to place it in the control cavity in the back/under the pickguard. Otherwise you have to routel a hole for it in the back and you can put it in one of the plastic mounting things so its easy to change (the thing lasts for quiet a while though).

Apart from that, if you buy the set of pickups, you along with the pickups you get 25kohm potentiometers (EMGs won't work right with regular 250kohm/500kohm potentiometer) and a stereto 1/4" that you replace the regular mono one with (so they that circuitry is only activated when you have the guitar cable plugged in)
what kind of battery do i need? and do i need to by it seperately and do the stereo 1/4" and 25kohm potentiometers come with the EMG's?
Quote by MedicreDemon
Metalheads aren't assholes.

It's the damn Blues fans.

Quote by Stimpomatic
one of my friends wouldnt let me play turok 2 for the n64 with him so i threw my controller at the back of his head and hit him pretty hard.

haha
I'm thinking about doing this too. Has any body got some wiring plans? I can't solder but what the hell! I want to buy the two seperate so I was wondering if they come with the pots and jacks like the Zakk Wylde set? Also, you can wire up two to one battery right? Wiring diagrams please
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
^EMG website should have diagrams. YEs you can use one battery.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks