by reasonable i mean:
1. $900-whatever isn't a retarded piece of wood
2. good pickups, good packages maybe (though i doubt it).

Any good sites with cheap deals would be appreciated thanks.
lol.... i said anything cheap, good, and good sounding... as long as its a les paul

though... as shallow as it sounds i dont want a friggin guitar that could give me splinters lol

oh and im kind of a noob to the whole guitar model/company scene.... so bare with me
you won't get a used gibson les paul classic or standard below $1100 on ebay.

and as for a studio you can get lucky and get them like $700 on ebay or up to $1000 depending on what model and condition they are in.
ah, the scratch isn't that easy to see...

I don't think any guitar would give you splinters, dude.
Or Rory Glalsgher meets Slash?

Or just Neil Young (his guiatr is kinda simialr to mine)
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
you can get a gibson lp standard for $1600 on ebay if you really look, or if you want an lp without breaking $1000, look at an Agile

www.rondomusic.net
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Gabel, you're Studio is like...Woodchipper meets pwn'd.

It definetly has some character though.

On topic, as others have said, check out:

www.espguitars.com - Esp guitars. They make quite a few les paul shaped models.

www.rondomusic.com - Home of Agile guitars. They make Les Paul shaped guitars that are pretty popular on this board.

Also, I know this isn't EXACTLY what you're looking for, but check out Washburn's Idol series. They're single cutaway and play pretty nicely. You can also get a great one for $900.
www.washburn.com
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99

But gary (wich his name is) is really nice. Soudns great and plays great.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Xenn99

It definetly has some character though.

On topic, as others have said, check out:

www.espguitars.com - Esp guitars. They make quite a few les paul shaped models.

www.rondomusic.com - Home of Agile guitars. They make Les Paul shaped guitars that are pretty popular on this board.

Also, I know this isn't EXACTLY what you're looking for, but check out Washburn's Idol series. They're single cutaway and play pretty nicely. You can also get a great one for $900.
www.washburn.com

even though im a esp boy i gotta say that the only worthy les pual styled guitars would be their original models and i mean that the ltd deluxe isnt that great over here in australia
based on the price he set of 900 i'm thinking he meant a real les paul...not all these knockoffs your posting.

and can we go one les paul thread without an agile plug...i get it ...there cheap good guitars...whatever.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by Danno13
^No, I don't think we can...

yeah your probably right
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by azn_guitarist25
cmon agile are probably a good bang for your buck deal

but he said he can spend around 900...so why would he buy a cheap knockoff when he can have a real gibson?

why plug agile in a thread like this? (waits for the people saying agile are better then gibson)
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by Danno13
^Because $900 Les Pauls are Specials, and those suck.

$900 will get you a studio or a medium used LP classic off of ebay or at a guitar store.

he never said he had to buy new.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
yeh but gibsons are known for their best quality control and he could get an agile and get a tube amp and have a better set up than a gibson studio with a mg
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh but gibsons are known for their best quality control and he could get an agile and get a tube amp and have a better set up than a gibson studio with a mg

well he didn't say hes in the market for a new amp...so i'm not gonna recommend a guitar based on that.

and stop with the gibsons quality control stuff...no matter how bad it is its still better then agiles quality control. don't get me wrong...agile makes a nice guitar for the money but i'm tired of band wagon ppl saying how bad gibson is...when most just can't afford one and thats why they don't like them.

he can get a great les paul studio off of ebay that will play like butter after a $40 setup and fretjob from a local luthier. agiles are always gonna be what they are...a bargain for the money but they aren't a gibson.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
well he didn't say hes in the market for a new amp...so i'm not gonna recommend a guitar based on that.

and stop with the gibsons quality control stuff...no matter how bad it is its still better then agiles quality control. don't get me wrong...agile makes a nice guitar for the money but i'm tired of band wagon ppl saying how bad gibson is...when most just can't afford one and thats why they don't like them.

he can get a great les paul studio off of ebay that will play like butter after a $40 setup and fretjob from a local luthier. agiles are always gonna be what they are...a bargain for the money but they aren't a gibson.

yeh but you would rather this guy gig with a gibson studio running through a mg rather than a agile with a pup swap running through a tube amp
Quote by bonchie1
but he said he can spend around 900...so why would he buy a cheap knockoff when he can have a real gibson?

why plug agile in a thread like this? (waits for the people saying agile are better then gibson)

I love Gibson, loved all of mine! But I think they're overpriced and not any better than you can buy a nice epi. I purchased my Epi LP Classic brand new for $350 to the door (not a factory 2nd) aside from the pups being too bright (which is $140 upgrade fixed) this guitar performs just as well as any $2500 Gibson.

Save your money and buy a Epi, upgrade the pups, and get a killer amp.

Don't waste your doe on an overrated, overpriced Gibs.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh but you would rather this guy gig with a gibson studio running through a mg rather than a agile with a pup swap running through a tube amp

as you can see by my gear i think you know my answer to that.

i to was once cursed with an mg series amp given to me as a gift. luckily someone saw the marshall name on it and bought it for $325 off of me.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals