Quote by StevieRamone
Its A magnet. Who cares?

It matters a lot, you idiot. You get sound from your pickups so ****e pickups = ****e sound.
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
Quote by StevieRamone
Its A magnet. Who cares?

anyone who's not an idiot.

Quote by Will_Minus
You will sound like Steve Vai. Simplest answer ever.

seconded. Trebly, reasonably high output, and clear.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
actually, do they make 7-string evos? I don't think so. Just stick with the stock pickups, they're dimarzios, aren't they?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
actually, do they make 7-string evos? I don't think so. Just stick with the stock pickups, they're dimarzios, aren't they?

Yeah they do

the stock pickups are waaayyy too bassy I'm serious Blazes are the bassiest pickups I've ever played

dimarzio.com

just look at the site bass is like 7.5 with mids at 3 and treble at 4
^ ah, ok, if they make 7 string evos, go for it then. They aren't bassy, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
got them in my jem.
lovley sound, the neck is very 'round' and even, awosme for fast licks
the bdige is VERY trebley! in some guitars..maybe ttooooo trebly

try a jem and listen out
They are very trebly, so they make it very clear what you're doing... so if you're Steve Vai, it makes every little thing you do that sounds awesome... well, soudn awesome.

However, if you're me, it makes every fuck up clear that you did it (not necessarily sound BAD, but clear).

But honestly it's pretty good to finding a nice Vai-esque tone.

And you might wanna try like, a 7 string Norton in the neck and a 7 string Evolution in the bridge (It exists!)
haha
Quote by godofshred
got them in my jem.
lovley sound, the neck is very 'round' and even, awosme for fast licks
the bdige is VERY trebley! in some guitars..maybe ttooooo trebly

try a jem and listen out

It might sound very different on mine though because Jems are alder while Universes are basswood

basswood spikes up the mids and bass and mellows out the highs

maybe it wont be so trebly on my guitar
^ i think godofshred's is one of the basswood jems...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

basswood evens out the treble a bit, its nto too bad. but if your amp is trebly, youll wanna roll the tone pot back a lil

though, evos are awsome pickups..love mine.
very versitile, wont sound like vai unless you want them to! thats a common misconception.