Page 1 of 3
Don't post links to the leaked album

That's right folks, Thom's releasing an album.

W.A.S.T.E. sent Greenplastic.com this.

this is just a note to say that something has been kicking around in the background that i have not told you about.
its called The Eraser.
nigel produced & arranged it .
i wrote and played it.
the elements have been kicking round now for a few years and needed to be finished & i have been itching to do something like this for ages.
it was fun and quick to do.
inevitably it is more beats & electronics.
but its songs.
stanley did the cover.
yes its a record!
no its not a radiohead record.
as you know the band are now touring and writing new stuff and getting to a good space so i want no crap about me being a traitor or whatever splitting up blah blah...
this was all done with their blessing. and i don't wanna hear that word solo. doesnt sound right.
ok then thats that.

i think its out in july and im pretty certain XL are going to put it out.

love thom

www.theeraser.co.uk
That site is scary.

Pitchfork says the album will be out on July 11 and has the tracklisting:

01 the eraser
02 analyse
03 the clock
04 black swan
05 skip divided
06 atoms for peace
07 and it rained all night
08 harrowdown hill
09 cymbal rush

Pitchfork also notes that the band will resume work on the next Radiohead album after the tour and it will be released sometime next year.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, Muse and Thom in the same month.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Last edited by Glen_Hansard at May 31, 2006,
I'll definitely check it out, Thom is an amazng singer and songwriter. It might end up being a totally weird electronica thing though, I get the feeling that's what Thom would be doing if he didn't have to worry about what the rest of the band felt. I mean, even Kid A and Amnesiac still are very human and have a lot of human played instruments.
Quote by oblique
I'll definitely check it out, Thom is an amazng singer and songwriter. It might end up being a totally weird electronica thing though, I get the feeling that's what Thom would be doing if he didn't have to worry about what the rest of the band felt.

Probably.

Quote by Colin Greenwood
Thom had got into dance music at college and kept on playing theses awful house records. God only knows what they were. I was working at Our Price and in the evenings all I wanted to do was sit round and listen to the Pale Saints. But Thom would stick on this horrendous techno music. He got pretty short shift from the rest of us.

Hmmm
gordon bennet! thats great i cant believe it, thom yorke is great. doubt it will match radiohead but i also doubt he'd put something bad out.

but as i say ill have to hear it to know if its good or not!
Well, this should be interesting at the very least.
Incisive inklings of proper piss are unsuited for the quill…
Hmm, that's twice now that my theory that Ed is the most likely member of Radiohead to go solo has been disproved...

I reckon if Radiohead split up, Thom and Jonny will carry on making weird electronic music and Ed will form a 4-piece indie band and play in pubs for the rest of his career.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by Tombe
Hmm, that's twice now that my theory that Ed is the most likely member of Radiohead to go solo has been disproved...

I reckon if Radiohead split up, Thom and Jonny will carry on making weird electronic music and Ed will form a 4-piece indie band and play in pubs for the rest of his career.

I read somewhere that Ed has a few songs knocking around himself.
What about Ed's scary song?

If Radiohead did break up.

Jonny would make an album all of Ondes Martenote tracks, maybe playing crazy noises on his guitar once or twice

Thom would make even more weird electronica.

Ed would probably form a very Coldplayeque band and then top Coldplay

Colin, would do some work with Jonny then with Ed then go and make a solo album

Phil would go home to his wife and kids and live happily ever after.
Quote by Draken
What about Ed's scary song?

**** I love that song. All we want is to be like yooou!
Thom won't be as good w/out Jonny. Great musician though. I'll be sure to check it out.
Thanks Glen, you just made my day.
My mind is not for sale or rent to any god or government. (Seen on a bumper sticker)

My Flickr album, updated as the free account upload quota permits.
Quote by Glen_Hansard
Probably.

Hmmm

From that Colin Greenwood quote...it's interesting that Radiohead always blamed the final, techno-influenced version of "Airbag" on Phil's love of drum & bass music, influenced by DJ Shadow. I guess the band joke was calling the track "A DJ Saved My Life". But then it comes out that Thom is the true techno freak. Hopefully it's nothing like Billy Corgan's solo effort... *Hides*
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by scoob666
^ Christ, if it's anything like Corgan's solo I'll lose all faith in Thom Yorke.

It will be good since Thom writes virtually all Radiohead songs, then the rest of the band spice them up.
^ Yeah, but you could replace "Thom" with "Billy" and "Radiohead" with "Smashing Pumpkins" and the effect would be the same. Billy just disappeared right up his own arse. But of course, there's no danger whatsoever of Thom Yorke doing that...
Hehe...or so we hope. Isn't it rumored that Billy Corgan recorded the entirety of Siamese Dream by himself except for the drum tracks? But I digress.
Hi, I'm Peter
*gets annoyed at the article on the front page" "Thom Yorke goes solo". He said he didn't want to hear the word "solo", it should have been "Yorke works away from Radiohead" or "Yorke to release album"

[/rant]
Quote by Glen_Hansard
*gets annoyed at the article on the front page" "Thom Yorke goes solo". He said he didn't want to hear the word "solo", it should have been "Yorke works away from Radiohead" or "Yorke to release album"

[/rant]

agrees
Am I the only one who is scared by theeraser.net? The way all the movies have ended the same...*shivers*
10th of July release date sweet, muse the week before then Thom the week after.
Thom Yorke fears fans' static

LA Times' Calendar Live have a story on Thom Yorke's new album The Eraser, talking with Kris Chen, senior vice president of artists & repertoire for XL Recordings: "It really did take everybody by surprise."

Radiohead's management brokered a deal in late January/early February with the indie label, home to acts including Devendra Banhart, the White Stripes and Dizzee Rascal. "Everybody involved was able to keep it under wraps for a while," says Chen.

Since the announcement, some fans have grown dismayed at the idea of pop's most inscrutable poet of ennui releasing what some fear might be an indulgent electronica album. Chen, however, is at pains to banish the notion.

"Contrary to what some people are posting on bulletin boards, it's not 'Thom's techno record,' " he says. "It is well-composed, beautifully thought-out and song-based. Thom's voice and lyrics are unmistakable. That said, it's not as if you're going to hear the more guitar-based angle of, say, 'The Bends.' "

One of Yorke's new songs, "Black Swan," will play over the closing credits in Richard Linklater's animated sci-fi film, "A Scanner Darkly," which hits theaters in July.

Until then, Yorke completists can stay current via the album's interactive â?? and spookily atmospheric â?? website, theeraser.net.

"That's crucial in keeping up the dialogue with Thom's fans â?? there's an invitation to keep coming back," Chen says. "Since the site launched last week, it's gone through changes every day. We're trying to get music across to people outside the tried-and-true norm."

Coolio3000!
I sense that a leak is imminent. My arteritis is acting up, it's a sign.
I think Thom and Stanley Donwood will leak the album like they do with all of those Radiohead bootlegs.

On a somewhat related topic:

Does anyone else think that Chieftain Mewes is Stanley Donwood? It sure looks like him at the beginning of Radiohead TV...
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
it's called "the eraser"

it's nothing like corgans solo, it's not even THAT different from radiohead's stuff, when i heard it, if someone had told me it was the new radiohead i would have believed them.

try to think of ideoteque & hail to the thief.

a little electronic, but not overdoing it, lots of piano and lots of good singing.
ma gear

"it's too hard man, don't even try"
-jason becker

"get those flabby fingers in shape"
-rusty cooley
Quote by helloassholes
it's called "the eraser"

WOAH!OGMOGMGOMGOM!!!!! whr did u her dat! wowzerz

it's nothing like corgans solo, it's not even THAT different from radiohead's stuff, when i heard it, if someone had told me it was the new radiohead i would have believed them.

try to think of ideoteque & hail to the thief.

a little electronic, but not overdoing it, lots of piano and lots of good singing.

Have you heard it? I've heard of a few people getting their hands on copys.
Someone I know has it.

It got leaked today or yesterday, she said.

Limewire has it I think.
Quote by thepickups
Someone I know has it.

It got leaked today or yesterday, she said.

Limewire has it I think.

Cool, so I was spot on

But Atease haven't said anythin.... oh wait it's all over their forums, Mr.Radioheadpeople must have told them to take the news off the front page.

I'm going to wait until July.
Oh it sounds good so far!

I know I should have waited, and I always have a go at people for downloading for free, but I know I'll buy it properly when it's out anyway.
Andrew got freaky on us asses, Luke.

I edited the first post. Read.
Quote by Draken
I'll buy it as well, i want to see the Artwork.

It'll probably just be like the animations on theeraser.net.

Thom probably doesn't mind the album being leaked, but XL might get freaky on yo' asses.
It is so so so good. I can't stop listening to it. Think Radiohead's erratic and paranoid atmosphered with electronic beats (that surprisingly aren't cheesy) and samples with Yorke's perfectly flawed voice along with Eastern-influenced chords and key signatures mixed with Godrich's modern producing. The songs are really well written and put together as well. I will never EVER get tired of anything Yorke or Radiohead does.
I can wait to hear it now, everyone is saying it's good.

Must.Wait.
I'll buy it as well, i want to see the Artwork.

me too.

I wouldn't give it 8.5/10 though!

It's strong though, nice and short.
AAAAAAAH! BLEEDIN MASSIVE! going to see radiohead in dublin in august...are there any muse tickets left does anybody know...just found out they're playing. ooooh, and glen hansard's new album, saw him performing it a few weeks back. finally, a good forum! i think the album's gonna be great...i mean...with a voice/genius like his...you can't go wrong really
Page 1 of 3