hi .. i got an emg81 pickup lying on my table

im getting a epi les paul standard this fri.

the reason why im putting in emgs is cos im a huge fan of zakk wylde and his great tone
im looking for that beefy thick kinda tone

wat combo would u all recommend?

i had in mind the emg85 neck emg81 bri. however, ppl say that the emg81 sounds bright. will putting the 81 in the neck and the 85 in the bri change it ?

i dun really like bright sounding stuff. tts y .. i prefer dark sounding with more mids

all with prior experience in emgs in les pauls .. please help me !
do NOT put two 81s in your guitar. itll sound boring and will have no true tone. Get a Hetfield combo or a Zakk Wylde set. (hetfield is 81/60, and the best, but you have to buy them seperately.) The zakk wylde set is GREAT, its what i use in my schecter, just the clean tone for the 60 is a little better, more versatile.
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
EMG 81 in the bridge, and either the 85 or 60 in the neck. I personally prefer the 60 for the neck. I'm in the process of replacing the EMG 85 neck pickups in my ESP and LTD with 60s.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
keep the 81 in the bridge
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
the 60 s what James Hetfield uses in the neck position of all of his guitars. Listen to Nothing Else Matters live, go to youtube.com and search it up, you'll hear how clan that thing can get, it is as clean as EMG makes 'em, but just as hard too.
so .. the 81 in the bri is alright ??

it can give me a thick beefy chunky kinda tone ??

im afraid it will be too bright.. tts y
I'd go 81 bridge/60 neck. That is, if I were an EMG convert. I tend to favor other brands first.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
so .. in a mahogany les paul

the 81 wont sound too bright ?

am i still able to get that beefy chunky tone?