I did a search for this and couldn't find anything helpful, maybe I'm just thick?

Was jamming at a friend's, rolled off the volume of my tele and my DS-1 started to pick up French, German, Spanish and American Radio.

I live in Scotland heh.

So this was amusing, but anybody got any suggestions on cutting down the tendancy to pick up foreign radio?
Sometimes pedals can become radiophonic if too much gain is on them(i.e you turning up the gain on the pedal,not the amp)so just try lowering the gain. Also try playing around with different cabling,different cabling position,different amp gain,etc.

Most of the time though just fiddling with the pedal's settings is enough to get it licked. Strange though because usually fuzz pedals are the most prone to radio interference.
Aye, fiddling with the gain dropped the radio interference but it was still there.

It's not a huge deal, it only happens in Ben's cause his house is higher than mine etc heh.

Noise gate maybe?
Perhaps a noise gate would work but if its not a huuuuuge deal then I'd say don't bother spending the money if you don't already have one.

Seriously though,if you have a chance be sure to record that stuff and if you ever make a recording for a band/solo project/just screwing around you could put that on one of the tracks. I tell you it'd be seriously awesome.
Quote by 928GTS
Seriously though,if you have a chance be sure to record that stuff and if you ever make a recording for a band/solo project/just screwing around you could put that on one of the tracks. I tell you it'd be seriously awesome.

I was so tempted to do it! Like, record it then **** with it with editing, loop it backwards etc and trip out...

Bring on the french.