I'm trying to get good at Blues before I try another style on guitar.

I know the Blues Minor all over the fretboard. What other blues scales are there worth knowing?

Also, I need help on impro. in blues. Tips would be great because I just seem to play up and down the 3 scale box patterns I learned. (The kind of sound Yngwie can get from blues in blues impro. video)
Natural minor, Gary Moore uses the Harmonic minor from time to time
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Well, imo the best way is just to play around instead of learn standard licks. This way you will learn what sounds right YOURSELF and can create your own style of play.

Besides, not to disrespect Yngwie, but that is IMO not blues. I personally don't think you can combine shred into blues.
Well whatever it is, its what I wana play because it sounds cool, regardless of what genre it is.
Quote by Megatallica
Well whatever it is, its what I wana play because it sounds cool, regardless of what genre it is.

Well, that's fine ofcourse, I wasnt trying to put you down.

Experiment with the scales and modes and such.
Yngwie uses nothing more than the hybrid blues scale... 1 2 b3 3 4 b5 5 6 b7 7.... something along those lines. There really is no "other" scale for blues playing... it's all based on the original blues scale.

And as simple as it may seem, people come out with new stuff from that little box pattern all the time. You have to have patience and practice--then you'll discover things in the pattern you never knew existed.
Looking for my India/Django.
Why practice blues if you plan to play another style? To become "good" at a style requires years upon years of dedication. Practice what you like to play, dont worry about being eclectic.
Cheers for the input guys.

I play the minor blues all the time. It seems to fit with major and minor chords I think. Is the blues major any use??