Alright, so I play bass in this band, Moreland Avenue, and its an indie band. Just a quick note, indie isnt my style, I just really needed a band and my best friend plays the keys.

but anyways, i've been in MA for a few months, and everything went pretty well until we got together to record some stuff. Now, we sat their at the lead guitarists house and played for a while, just tryin to write some new stuff, and then the recording begins. Now, from what i've gathered, you record the bass or the drums first, and then rhythm, lead, and then keys, with the order being mixed up. No, MA doesnt do this apparently.
First they recorded the keys, and he needed a freaking click track. I'm said to him, you have a click track: YOUR BASS PLAYER! but no, they throw a friggin click track and record him. Of course, he takes like 20 minutes to get one damn song right.
Then it was LEAD guitar, then rhythm, then bass. wtf mate?

it gets better. They mix the song, put the vocals in a couple of days later, and then they send it to the keys player. He makes the final decision, before i've even heard the damn song, to not post it because its too choppy. i'm like...dude wtf? Where's the "we" decision in this. Once I finally heard the song, they pulled a damn Sid Viscious(?) on me and turned my bass levels down so you couldnt hear it.

All this stuff thats goin on is startin to tick me off. so what should I do? Should I leave the band? Stay in the band and hope they get their heads out of their asses? or what?

Moreland Avenue
i would..wait and hope it gets better on the next recording. Personally, i would do it..
wait for them to get it together and try to find someone to jam with in the meantime.
you should mention it to them, you can't just expect them to know you want to be heard if you just say nothing. the thing about a band is the team work and democracy and the first rule of that is communication. But if you really don't enjoy yourself after a while you should leave because if you ever play live it will show.
Thanks everyone. Its good to get some input, since this is my first band and all. But yeah, I got a friend that I'm gonna start jammin with on my free time and we're gonna see what happens.
Well, I listened to a Brand New Line (by the way, a pretty good song), and your bass part is actually quite audible in the song. Are you talking about one of the songs on your site, or a new one that's not up?
Quote by SunshineMan89
Well, I listened to a Brand New Line (by the way, a pretty good song), and your bass part is actually quite audible in the song. Are you talking about one of the songs on your site, or a new one that's not up?

No, its a new one they didnt post. Plus, that wasnt my bassline, because I wasnt in the band at that point, and the guitarist just recorded a bass line to have it. When I asked him to teach me the line, he taught me the chord progressions and said..."Idk the random notes, use the somethin scale".