These guys were great! I love ''Anarchy In The U.K.'' and ''God Save The Queen''!

''Nevermind the bollocks here's the Sex Pistols'' is, in my opinion, the greatest and best punk release EVER!

What do you guys think of them? Fav. song? Sid Vicious? Johnny Rotten? Their attitude? The music?

Discuss anything, I'd like to hear your opinions!
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
They're catchy, but beyond that, I dont care for them too much. Ill put Nevermind the bollocks on every now and then, but not that often. I dont find Sid Vicious to be a very honorable human being, but he was sure as hell interesting.
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
I don't mean to be nasty, again but do a search for the sex pistols on this site and you'll easily find out our views. We have one of these every week. It bugs me alot. I love the Pistols. Just not their fans...................
lets put it this way, if theyd just come out today, no one would listen to them....the main reason people like em is because they were one on the first punk bands.
Quote by gallagher2006
This one time I went out at night and sexually assaulted 2 girls then murdered them and hid their bodies never to be found.

I pwned as a 7 year old
Last edited by jpharaoh69 at May 14, 2006,
I suspect many of these people aren't even real. Just gov't programs telling us not to like the Pistols. Frickin' Conspirators
I don't care for them that much. I know a lot of people who do though.
There's a rumor that says that Sid Vicious once ate some chips at a gas station and the man behind the desk asked him why they called him Sid Vicious. Then Sid took a sharp blade from his pocket, cut himself in the hand so the blood was streaming out, and then he kept on eating his chips with blood..

That's kinda psyco! At least he proved why they called him Sid Vicious:P:

Do you guys think that he murdered his girlfriend? I don't think so, he wouldn't go that far!

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

Last edited by SpringingOff at May 14, 2006,
Im pretty damn sure he killed nancy, and I believe he was at a truck stop eating eggs, but, you never know, it could have happened more than once.
Quote by doggy_hat
Quote by SpringingOff
There's a rumor that says that Sid Vicious once ate some chips at a gas station and the man behind the desk asked him why they called him Sid Vicious. Then Sid took a sharp blade from his pocket, cut himself in the hand so the blood was streaming out, and then he kept on eating his chips with blood..

That's kinda psyco! At least he proved why they called him Sid Vicious:P:

Do you guys think that he murdered his girlfriend? I don't think so, he wouldn't go that far!

People do strange things when they're on heroin. Someone who had talked to him about it the next day said something like, "I think he honestly didn't know whether he killed Nancy or not."
Well, in the Filth and the Fury, Johnny said that Sid got his name from someones pet hamster (I think it was Rotten's).

I don't mind the Sex Pistols. I really like some of their stuff, but I don't listen a lot.
It's kinda sad 'cause Sid Vicious was known for not caring about anything at all, and then he died the hard way..

He was psyco, but I sure fancy that guy.. (Not in the gay way)

Quote by pinheadslts75

no snotty, it is not
Quote by doggy_hat
Quote by capsfan17
Im pretty damn sure he killed nancy, and I believe he was at a truck stop eating eggs, but, you never know, it could have happened more than once.

I read about this. They were at a diner or something in Texas and Sid was eating eggs. There was this redneck and his family sitting near them. The redneck turns to Sid and said something similar to "You think you're a man? Can you do this?". Redneck proceeds to put out a cigarette in his palm. Sid thinks for a moment and says 'No, but I know how to hurt myself.", cuts his hand and keeps eating. Redneck gets freaked out and leaves with his family.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I read about this. They were at a diner or something in Texas and Sid was eating eggs. There was this redneck and his family sitting near them. The redneck turns to Sid and said something similar to "You think you're a man? Can you do this?". Redneck proceeds to put out a cigarette in his palm. Sid thinks for a moment and says 'No, but I know how to hurt myself.", cuts his hand and keeps eating. Redneck gets freaked out and leaves with his family.

haha now thats good.
I love the Pistols. They're so chaotic and angry and, well, vicious. I don't think people really feel an obligation to love them just because they're pioneers and stuff, I'd say that's more true of the Ramones. They were the real Anarchist punk-band of the 70s, they didn't try to feed off of an image.
Quote by indestructible8
has anyone read England's Dreaming by John Savage?i was thinking about getting it and i wanted to see if it was good or not.

It's pretty good.
Not as drug-addled as "The Boy Looked At Johnny" or as tedious as "Lipstick Traces".

Quote by NoLeafMetal
I love the Pistols. They're so chaotic and angry and, well, vicious. I don't think people really feel an obligation to love them just because they're pioneers and stuff, I'd say that's more true of the Ramones. They were the real Anarchist punk-band of the 70s, they didn't try to feed off of an image.

The Ramones were actually pretty poppy, in spite of their revved-up (for the time) sound.
They did straight-up covers of pop songs like "Needles and Pins", "California Sun" and others.

It gets real murky when you start talking about who were the first "real" anarchists in the punk scene.

The Ramones only political leanings, at first, seemed to be some flirting with Nazi imagery, such as the song "Blitzkrieg Bop" and the lyrics "I'm a nazi shatzi, I fight for the fatherland" in the song "Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World".
Later, they showed left-wing leanings, especially on the "Bonzo Goes To Bitburg" song.

The Pistols were into "musical anarchy" and were beaten up and slashed with razors for attacking the Queen in the song "God Save The Queen".

But if you're talking about "anarchism" as a way of life, particularly the whole "Anarchy and Peace" movement, then you gotta go with Crass, as the "real" Anarchists of 70s punk.
^Does that matter, this thread's going fine?

Quote by indestructible8
has anyone read England's Dreaming by John Savage?i was thinking about getting it and i wanted to see if it was good or not.

John Lydon (Rotten) said that this book had no facts and official statements from the members of Sex Pistols. It was all just a buncha **** John Savage wrote, and he mainly wrote the book to sell something..

This is what rotten said (from http://www.sex-pistols.net/main.html)

Over the years, Steve [Jones, the band?s guitarist] and I?ve both been asked a lot by journalists about the Sex Pistols, but answers that are in any way contradictory to public opinion are not printed. It?s bizarre to constantly be told that ?it couldn?t be like that because I?ve read the Jon Savage book?. [LAUGHS]. Well who the ****?s he? He wasn?t there. His book is an assumption based on the fact that he was a friend of the manager [Malcolm McLaren].

So my advice to you is no, 'cause the book's one ****ing big LIE!

Quote by pinheadslts75

Oh, and Glen Matlock sucks

Quote by pinheadslts75