Im thinking of buying a PRS SE Standard or the Billy Martin Custom. Both guitars are similarly priced, and i just wondered if they had the same pickups. Ive tried the PRS site and it doesnt mention what type either guitar has. Any comments are much appreciated.
^^x3
Member #4 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
The only SE's worth buying are the Tremonti/Singlecuts. All the other ones feel pretty cheap in my opinion.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
The only SE's worth buying are the Tremonti/Singlecuts. All the other ones feel pretty cheap in my opinion.

Yeah, and the SE Custom is significantly better than the standard. I think paying the extra 50 some dollars is definitely worth it for the custom. But please refrain from getting the Billy Martin, the lame bat thing that he drew on the fretboard is ridiculous and I think the flat black looks terrible on the guitar.
i never even considered it, i was just curious about the sounds. the billy martin axe looks sh*te, plain black with green bats on it
Quote by FacingUsAll

Yeah I agree with that.
Bought a black Tremonti SE a year ago and I absolutely love it!
You definately get a lot of guitar for your money.
which of the guitars mentioned above would best suit a modern punk/metal playing style? if any?
I recently tried a PRS SE in camo finish and it had the best feel of any guitar I've ever played. So solid, light and fast with easy fret access. I was very impressed.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior