Hey UG!

I've recently sold my ESP guitar to get the money for a new, more versatile, guitar. I play a lot of blues inspired rock and a bit of metal. The sound I want is aggresive, and clear. I doesn't NEED to have a humbucker in the bridge or something like that. I've been looking at some Ibanez, but they doesn't seem right. I want this next giotar to last untill I die so it has to durable as hell. It MAY NOT have a floating bridge! It can have a tremolo, but NOT floating!

Please help. My budget is around 2800US not much more than that.

Thanks in advance guys!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
gibson les paul?
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
I don't think you can get much more versatile then the Kramer Jersey Star, three humbuckers with a coil tap in each pickup so you can go from full on metal to SRV blues with the flick of a switch.

Kramer Jersey Star
Any other suggestions?
CLICK ME!

Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Les Pauls and Strats (especially the newer Strats with S-1 switching) are the most famously versatile "classic" guitars, and since they've both been used for every genre from country to metal, who's arguing? You could also try out some Variax guitars, because they have Strats, Teles, Les Pauls, SGs and all sorts of other crazy **** like sitars in one guitar, and if you get the software then you can program them to sound like anything.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I don't like the digital guitar idea, but thanks for the info.

Any others?
CLICK ME!

Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
what amp do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have an old Laney Pro-Tube from 1988. Really nice, all tube.
CLICK ME!

Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Ibanez S470
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
rich bastard
anyway mayb a strat with hotrails, or try out different ibanez's
tust me they are really durable, nice sounding guitars for the price...
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
with that amount of money i'd probably go custom build...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The problem with custom biuld is that I can't try it out before bying.

I don't like Ibanez really... I tried S, SA, RG and some others and none suitted my needs.
CLICK ME!

Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
^ yeah. but you can try out a load of guitars, see which you like best, combine the specs, etc., and then basically know almost what it's gonna feel like.

Up to you of course, if trying out is of paramount importance, then yeah, custom build is a big no-no.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?