Will it hurt my guitar amp in any way if I use a bass with it? If it matters, it is a solid state 100 watt Fender amp.
*smashes head into wall*

*reapeats*
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by ToolBass_dude
*smashes head into wall*

*reapeats*

*repeats*
Quote by aluminum.maiden
you are a BEAST Crovox
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I think I've gained so many gay points reading the past 3 pages of this thread that if I gave another man a blowjob I'd actually lose some.
Member #23 of the official Alkaline Trio Fan Club. PM greenfinger182 to join.
*runs headlong into a pile of depleted uranium*

*repeats chanting random satanic curses*
Quote by ToolBass_dude
*smashes head into wall*

*reapeats*

Quote by Crovox

*repeats*

*repeats again jst for the hell of it even though the questions already been answered*
*Shoots self*

Close it already.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
wow... you guys really know how to tell someone to search before posting...

In brief: your AMP will not suffer... your SPEAKER will!!! The small electrical signal won't fry your guitaramp itself, it's just not powerfull enough. It's not optimal tough...
The speaker is another story... Guitar speakers and bass speakers are a totally different design. Also the cab design is a whole other story. Guitar cabs are open back designs, bass cabs are closed back. Too much bass will make your speaker go over its mechanical limits... In English: most likely it's going to self destruct. Why? You don't hear bass, so you pump the mids/lows on your amp. The speaker can't handle the power and will break...
In the short run, it shouldn't be much of a problem... In the long run, your guitar amp will suffer and might even break down on you.

Thats why they make bassamplifiers...
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
Quote by FunkMaster

In brief: your AMP will not suffer... your SPEAKER will!!! The small electrical signal won't fry your guitaramp itself, it's just not powerfull enough. It's not optimal tough...
The speaker is another story... Guitar speakers and bass speakers are a totally different design. Also the cab design is a whole other story. Guitar cabs are open back designs, bass cabs are closed back. Too much bass will make your speaker go over its mechanical limits... In English: most likely it's going to self destruct. Why? You don't hear bass, so you pump the mids/lows on your amp. The speaker can't handle the power and will break...
In the short run, it shouldn't be much of a problem... In the long run, your guitar amp will suffer and might even break down on you.

I was actually wondering about this the other night...what are the technical differences between a guitar 4x10" cab and a bass 4x10" cab? cause I seem to remember reading something a good while back that it's actually the same other than the way the speaker is supported, as bass speakers need more space to vibrate.... would be interesting to know
Quote by ToolBass_dude
*smashes head into wall*

*reapeats*

LET ME JOIN IN!

*repeats*
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by FunkMaster

Most guitar cabs are closed back :]
It's very hard on tubes and the output transformer to run a bass signal, You would shorten your tube life dramatically.

Quote by Yevaud
I was actually wondering about this the other night...what are the technical differences between a guitar 4x10" cab and a bass 4x10" cab? cause I seem to remember reading something a good while back that it's actually the same other than the way the speaker is supported, as bass speakers need more space to vibrate.... would be interesting to know

Guitar: 1x12, 2x12, 4x12
Bass: 2x10, 4x10, 8x10, 1x15, 2x15

Bass cabs have to be ported a certian way or the bass response will die. Bass speakers move back and forth farther but slower.
Last edited by chase312 at May 15, 2006,
I should have been clearer on this... I ment the cab section of a guitar combo. Because this is what vaisatch123 was asking about.

Ever seen a speaker move at 1Hz? rather funny
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Quote by FunkMaster
I should have been clearer on this... I ment the cab section of a guitar combo. Because this is what vaisatch123 was asking about.

Ever seen a speaker move at 1Hz? rather funny

our physics teacher showed us that. its hilarious it moves so slowly!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
there's a program, NHC Tone Generator, wich you can use to generate those frequencies on your computer. If you hook up a speaker to it, you can see it move... And you can test your hearing range aswell
Quote by John Swift