Ok i need a tube amp
- at 15 to 30 watts tube
- Under $900.
- nice cleans
- no high gain stuff
-Good OD
- i play Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Nada Surf, Death Cab, indie stuff.

I was thinking AC15 or maybe AC30 if i can shell out another $100 but i need some other options too. So if you can help reccomend somthing id appreciate it. Thanks for the help.
I'd say a Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

The AC15 is a really special amp and I've heard many good things about it. The question to be asked if you want to go the Vox route you have to ask yourself if you want Reverb,Trem and all the fancy fiddly switches that the AC30CC comes with. For me,it'd be a resounding "YES!" but thats up to you. If I were in your shoes I'd save up the 100$,buy the AC30CC2,break in the speakers and see if you like the sound and then if not try out some of those Eminence speakers that are voiced like classic American and British speakers. I forget what the series is called but I hope you know what I mean. I'm sure the Eminence site is plastered with info on them.

If you want a good example of an AC30 being used well then listen to Radiohead's "The Bends".
Can i get an attenuator so i can play the AC30 in my room and take it off for gigs? that may be a stupid question i dont know much about attenuators
I suggest the Vox more, but you could also look into a Fender tube amp. Johnny Greenville from Radiohead used a SS Fender. How silly.
So whats the difference between an AC15 and AC30 other than the wattage and trem, and reverb. I hear that its not all tube but part SS. what does that mean?
no, they are all tube............. your probably talking about the AC15 with its solid state rectification, which isn't the same thing as "solid state amplification"....the AC30's however are tube rectified.
Quote by JET116
So whats the difference between an AC15 and AC30 other than the wattage and trem, and reverb. I hear that its not all tube but part SS. what does that mean?

I'm pretty sure the 'verb and trem on the AC30 are MOSFET powered but in an interview with one of the main designers of the CC they said that the MOSFETs were the best idea considering the price point and space/heat concerns.

AC30 = 33/22W(switchable on back)
AC15 = 15W
Last edited by 928GTS at May 14, 2006,
vox ac are really nice amps but I personaly like the fender blues Delux. It's 40w all tube 1x12 and iv never heard a bad thing about it