hi there,

i am looking to get a new guitar off ebay, i play mostly metal and have found 2 i really want. i already own a jackson Dinky with EMG's ZW.

the 2 guitars are a

Schecter C-1+ (i will change the pickups!!) - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Schecter-Diamond-Series-C-1_W0QQitemZ7414845139QQcategoryZ33045QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jackson DXMG with EMG-81 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7414386832
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Make sure you know that the Jackson has a Licensed Floyd (kinda like the Squier of Floyds) and the Schecter is a fixed bridge.

Personally, I'd go for the Schecter but it's just a brand preference for me. (Plus my next guitar purchase will be that same model)
I personally like the Jackson loads more, however, you already have a Jackson so... Get the Jackson haha. I don't like Shecters.
Fender MIM Strat w/SD Hot Rails in Bridge/Marshall AVT275x/Digitech RP200/Dunlop Classic Crybaby/Fender MIM Jazz Bass/Fender Rumble 25/Pearl Forum 5 Piece Drum Set w/Zildjian ZBT cymbal set/Shure SM58/Line 6 Toneport UX-1.
Schecter. jackson has a crappy trem. And EMG's in alder dont appeal to me.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
want the set neck and mahogany body of the schecter sound better than the bolt on and alder body of the Jackson!!!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
^^You can guarentee it will. A pickup change is cheap, and it'll sound so much better in mohogany.
Schecter far better quality than a Jackson. Floyd Rose is fun to use but its a pain in the ass to restring, and tune. Its take to much time with the Floyd on it although you can play cool stuff.

Schecter All the way!
Jackson.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
im a schecter guy my self... there kick ass ive ownd 3 diffrent modles and you cant go wrong...
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
i have a jackson if your willing to spend more time changing strings its worth it because the floyd keeps it in tune i cant remember the last time i tuned my kelly. . .

Jacskons all the way
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
Schecter
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Seems like jackson fits more with shred/prog styles, schecter is kind of an all around. I guess you go with what you do most. If you like to shred, get the jackson (though you already have one), and if you like to play different kinds of metal go for the schecter. What it really comes down to is what you want.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
I played a Schecter C-1 Exotic and it was the most amazing guitar i've ever played. I found it easier to play that then my friends Gibson SG. I vote Schecter.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by Member
Jackson, their licensed Floyds are NOT crap

try an OFR, GOtoh FR, Schaller FR, Edge/egde pros, Edge lo-pro, and Floyd Rose II. Then you see how much worse the LFR is. Plus the LFR wears down so much faster due to lower quality metals.
is there a big difference in the thickness of necks, i know what the jackson neck is like (got 1) but what will a schecter C-1 plus be like, is it simular to a SG
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
^ the schecter is a bit thicker but it feels fine either way. Tis comfy
it matters what type of LFR it is idiot. There is more than 1 company that makes them and the really cheap ones are usually made with softer metal. I have a Jackson LFR on my new Dinky and it is as Solid as they come.
is it nearer to a LP or SG?
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Quote by Member
it matters what type of LFR it is idiot. There is more than 1 company that makes them and the really cheap ones are usually made with softer metal. I have a Jackson LFR on my new Dinky and it is as Solid as they come.

an LFR from Floyd rose is an LFR

^much less thinner