what would be a better investment? a new washburn X50 pro, or a new amp, i dont know amps very wel. i have a banged up squier strat and a fener 15 watt. something in the 500$ - 600$ dollar range. i play metal music.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

a new guitar, as the amp would only be used in practices i guess, and you could always borrow an amp for gigs.
even a crappy guitar will sound decent on a really good amp. for 600 bucks you could get a fender hot rod deluxe and a decent distortion pedal. Then you would have tube quality of sound and thrashing distortion.
Amp. Then new guitar ASAP after you buy the amp.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by vampwizzard
even a crappy guitar will sound decent on a really good amp. for 600 bucks you could get a fender hot rod deluxe and a decent distortion pedal. Then you would have tube quality of sound and thrashing distortion.

everyone says this and yes your correct...but when your guitar is as bad as his hes holding himself back playing something that crappy.

a decent guitar will make you a much better player as its smoother and easier to play.

its pretty much a wash...whatever you wanta do first do it...either way you'll be helping yourself.
to those who suggest amps, what do you suggest. something the versatility of AC/DC to As I Lay Dying is what im looking for.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Quote by Panasonic3
to those who suggest amps, what do you suggest. something the versatility of AC/DC to As I Lay Dying is what im looking for.

get on ebay and look for a jcm800 if you want acdc. but your gonna want a new guitar if you play that kinds of music.