hi there,

i am planning on getting a Schecter and i was wondering what would be best for the Schecter C-1+ which has a set neck and mahogany body!

i have heard that EMG's are ment to be awsome in them, is that true or shall i get the Swineshead Xbucker.

cheers,james
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
EMG's sound great, but only with a good amp. I'd say get EMG 81's in the bridge and a 60 or 85 in the neck. A lot of people will tell you EMG's suck, but the amp you use really makes a difference.
emgs are best in mahogany and those pickups are frikken awesome.

amp makes a difference though
i pretty much have the same guitar and i have EMGs in it (81/85) with a gain booster

its a badass guitar through any amp but it shines through a recto.
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
i have an ashdown fallen angel (60w) all TUBE!!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Quote by sexyguitargod
i have an ashdown fallen angel (60w) all TUBE!!

emgs will sound wonderful then
the xbucker might be a little dark in mahogany (you might want to check with D man though)

EMG 81 in the bridge should be grand.

alternatively, take a look at a bareknuckle miracle man or warpig.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the xbucker might be a little dark in mahogany (you might want to check with D man though)

EMG 81 in the bridge should be grand.

alternatively, take a look at a bareknuckle miracle man or warpig.

i really am trying note to sway to much towards bareknuckles because of the price, i am also thinking that EMG's are a bit much and they don't have chrome covers so they would look stupid in my new guitar!! will swineshead not do!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
^hit up Iron Priest. he has emgs in his c-1 plus. and they look awsome.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
yea. Iron has the exact same color and so do i.
that solves that 1 then

are EMGs harder to fit though!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
^no routing invovled. only tight spot is the pickup rings but according to Iron priest it fits just right.
Quote by sexyguitargod
i really am trying note to sway to much towards bareknuckles because of the price, i am also thinking that EMG's are a bit much and they don't have chrome covers so they would look stupid in my new guitar!! will swineshead not do!

if budget is a consideration, then go with the swineys.

You might also want to look into some Kent Armstrongs, www.wdmusicproducts.co.uk

the distortion or motherbucker.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
are kent armostrong pickups hand wound?
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
^ i don't think so, but I'm not 100% on that. I think D man bought one and said it didn't sound handwound...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
will the super distortion from kent armstrong sound ok in a mahogany body guitar!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
EMG's kickass but dude, schecters dont. If your looking for a good metal guitar get yourself an Ltd. I have an EC-1000 and its amazing.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Quote by LPIndin
EMG's kickass but dude, schecters dont.

got anything to back that up, other than opinion?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
got anything to back that up, other than opinion?

Pwnt .

Funny thing is that esp owns Schecter. Schecter is ESP money makign machine. They make fine fine guitars for the price. Good for any style IMO.Especially for metal

that is funny, I didn't even know that. Makes sense though, I was comparing my C-7 next to my friends LTD SRC 603B, and the factory inspection stickers and battery cover sticker were exactly the same, as were the plastic covers, tonepros bridge, tuners, etc. We were actually thinking they were built in the same factory.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I dunno man, BK's are expensive, but it's for a good reason. "EMG killers", I believe they were called .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112