hey

Im writing rock songs but the chords/powerchords I use either sound Emo or heavy metal and I cant get the sort of bon jovish effect I need. any ideas?
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
use more of an overdrive rather than a distortion? use less palm muting? use some major and minor chords too?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, I use overdrive and I use open chords but it sounds too punkish

Quote by Final !mpact

Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
Get yourself a book of chords. Learn as many as you can, and pick ones to suit the sound you're looking for.

Also, a lot of the song's tone can be controlled by the phrasing.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^ agreed, on the phrasing. I frequently use the same amp settings for punk/rock/metal etc., I just vary how I play to make it sound different. also, just learn a pile of bon jovi songs, you'll pick up the tricks of the trade in no time...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hello use bar chords they give you a power chord low but there correct if you play them right you get G,B,and,e.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.

later that night
I see. I have a couple of tab Books from them and they seem to favor Cadd9 and all the the gay ones like that lol but its order I guess.

Quote by Final !mpact

Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace