My G strings lower frets are buzzing
My D String (Doesnt sound as fun) lower frets and 8th fret is buzzing
Can someon run me a list of problems to fix this
by the way when it buzez you can hardly hear the noise of the string at all, its almost like silenced

also my guitar goes drastically out of tune in seconds?
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Last edited by Chromeproguitar at May 14, 2006,
raise the action
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- T.S. Eliot

how old is the guitar? If there's damage to teh neck or anything it coudl affect teh sound, or perhaps you have dead frets. Does it only make the sound when pluged into an amp or not? IT might be your pots in teh amp or dust in your electrical components. If it is dead frets you might have to buy a new neck and as well as if it's warped or used. Try raising the action firstly by bringign up your nut or if you have it use the torsion bar inside the neck
...:::The Master Chief :::...
Looks like the output jack on your guitar may be either dislodged or damaged. Unsrew it and re screw it in, tighter. Sometimes they come loose and the buzzing happens. If you still get the buzzing, its damaged.

Also, dont put your amp on too loud!
That will happen to me sometimes on my low E string because of the lower frequency of the vibrations, but i think that that is just because it's a big string, and the fact that it's on the end.
what else can i do w/o raising action?
and it happens with amp and without
more without tho
Quote by bajeda

Seinfeld Club
What else can you do without raising the action to make it not buzz? You can buy a higher gauge sets of strings or a NEW GUITAR. Seriously, you have to adjust the action 1st, its not that hard, raise it a few turns and test it out. Your neck relief may also be too little and if the action isnt the problem, then your truss rod is.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
What else can you do without raising the action to make it not buzz? You can buy a higher gauge sets of strings or a NEW GUITAR. Seriously, you have to adjust the action 1st, its not that hard, raise it a few turns and test it out. Your neck relief may also be too little and if the action isnt the problem, then your truss rod is.

the problem is that i like my action low and cant stand it higher
and how ould i adgust my truss rod
Quote by bajeda

Seinfeld Club
^^ If your new at truss rod adjustment, i would take it to your local guitar shop and have them fix that. BTW I have to do this and ahve my gutiar set up, does anyone know how much it will cost?
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
Quote by Chromeproguitar
the problem is that i like my action low and cant stand it higher
and how ould i adgust my truss rod

Reading from ur other thread which u consulted by jenny, you have no neck relief, means that all your strings are touching the fret at the 8th fret. You need to loosen your truss rod to make your neck bow a little more. I strongly suggest only qualified technicians do this, but if you insist on doing so, do it slowly, gradually turn it by 1/8 of a turn and leave it a couple of minutes after each turn to let the wood gets familiarize with the new adjustment (rest). After each rest, retune your guitar to your desired tunings. To adjust the truss rod, remove the string retainer bar and simply open the truss rod compartment (using philip screwdriver), you should see deep inside there's a bolt, use a hex wrench/ allen key to adjust this. Turn it clockwise to to loosen it a anti-clockwise to tighten it.

Truss rod Compartment
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic