Ok, I sound fine clean, but whenever I push that "drive" button on the amp and try to play something, I'll always get the other notes ringing or strings sounding when I don't want them to (during bends)
for example:
|---------------------------------------------------|
|-12---12---12-------12---------12------------15~~--|
|----15---15---15-14-----15-14---------12hb------------|
|-----------------------------------------14--------|
^this is part of the solo for It's So Easy, by GnR and I always get the alternating 12-15s sounding messy together.
(for the piano players, its like playing the whole section with the pedal down, it sounds sloppy)
Then, on bends my fingers usually bend into another string, and when the bends over, the string sounds!!

Any tips for distortion techniques and stuff?
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Yeah, you can get a lot of noise if you play with loads of distortion, but you have to get used to muting it out (mostly with your right picking hand).
In that example you posted, no two notes should be ringing at the same time so you should cut each note before starting the next. Does that help?
Whats the right way to cut them off?
It sounds choppy just muting them right after.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Lift up your fretting finger slightly.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...