Page 1 of 2
i think we should make a list of the smaller guitar companies who sell good stuff at good prices.

i'm not talking about Ibanez & Schecter, more along the lines of Agile or Cort.

so lets start there, post the brand name and a link to where you can find them

Agile Guitars
http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar.html

Cort Guitars
http://www.cort.com/home.html

even Washburn to some extent
http://www.washburn.com/
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Last edited by Vandaliztik at May 14, 2006,
Well...

Schecter...

They are somewhat known, but nothing like Gibson, Fender, Prs...ect...
I love my Stagg.

And Agile are only unknown if you've never spent 30 seconds on this forum. I'll be impressed when they create their own designs.
Parker sell great guitars..... (well the xpensive ones)

BUT they do have the cheap alternatives, the P-series..... i own the P-42 thats the shape of a Fly model and i paid £289 for it at my local guitar place...... they have single cut aways and others and they rule man!!!!!!!!
Quote by StaggHound
I love my Stagg.

And Agile are only unknown if you've never spent 30 seconds on this forum. I'll be impressed when they create their own designs.

That would be nice but I doubt it will ever happen because Rondo has no vision. They don't really care about launching Agile as a brand... they just want to keep making the dollars they are making now. They just want to milk it while it lasts.

Their "original" Harm series is just a Rickenbacker knockoff.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

most guitar companies rip off other ones, but thats not what this thread is about so get back on topic
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Quote by paul filth
Parker sell great guitars..... (well the xpensive ones)

BUT they do have the cheap alternatives, the P-series..... i own the P-42 thats the shape of a Fly model and i paid £289 for it at my local guitar place...... they have single cut aways and others and they rule man!!!!!!!!

Parkers own, I love the Night Fly and the Nashville Fly. The only problem in they're all cut out in the back, whcih may be comfortable for some, but for me, there's not enough body, I like something meaty like a Les Paul.
Lado.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
I think Stagg make quite good guitars for starters. Even though they start to feel cheap after a year.
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Quote by MetalToTheEnd
Lado.

Agreed. The Explorer shaped lados own
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
cort arbor, both good for their prices..
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Vintage, in the UK. Decent copies of Gibson, Fender, PRS with Wilkinson hardware. My SG is much better than the Epi G-400 and half the price.
Switch.

Parker.

Samick.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I guess Viger Guitars, but they were used by Shawn Lane, so I guess they aren't THAT unknown. I belive someone in the EG fourm had one and posted about it, it looked fantastic.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Samick, definitly.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Switch
Axl are pretty good for cheap
Vigier may be small but they're spendy, woof.

I don't think they're in business anymore but Starfield made a great guitar.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Peavey makes some nice guitars, but are only well known for their amps.
Anyone heard of palmer guitars... It sounds dumb but i saw their ebay store. Nice looking inexpensive guitars i may just get one to see how they sound.
Fender Strat
Ibanez 2351 LP Copy
Fender Stage Lead II
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Fab Tone
Boss MT-2
Boss BF-2
Boss DD-5
Digitech RP100A
Cort rule. I'd have one of them over my Epi SG but i got it cause it was on sale. I started with my G200 (strat copy) and it's awesome. My mate who used to be in our band just bought an electra for 450AUD and it was awesome.
MY GEAR

Cort G200 Strat Copy
Epi SG Deluxe (hand-made)
Washburn Dreadnaught Acoustic
Behringer GMX210
Laney HCM10
Zoom GFX-707
Behringer UM100
Behringer TO800
Crybaby Wah
Quote by smb
Vintage, in the UK. Decent copies of Gibson, Fender, PRS with Wilkinson hardware. My SG is much better than the Epi G-400 and half the price.

They suck. I tried a SG copy the other day, and i was blown away by its terrible quality.
Godin

they're not a small company or something, but they deserve much more attention for originality (like those on-board EQ controls n ****), quality and sound.
I mean, that LG Signature!!!
G&L is pretty nice, I love my Legacy

Also Reverend guitars are nice also
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
No-ones mentioned Maverick yet. Those are amazin guitars and excellent value. I got a F-1 last year and the quality blew me away.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Switch.

Parker.

Samick.

Samick are basically Epiphones aren't they (minus the label)?
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
ernie ball music man. although they arent really 'unknown', i dont hear em mentioned much in these forums.
Vantage (not Vintage). They're not around anymore, to my knowledge, but my friend's Vantage kicks some serious boo-tay.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender MIM Strat (soon to be hotrodded)
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
alot of people are probably going to argue with this one, but jay turser has some pretty kickass models
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Quote by flesh fries
alot of people are probably going to argue with this one, but jay turser has some pretty kickass models

Yeah they do. Most of their stuff is beginner oriented, but my brother has a Jay Turser LP knockoff... I'm not sure of the model but it's their top of the line. I like that guitar better than most Epiphones outside of the Elitist series.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender MIM Strat (soon to be hotrodded)
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Page 1 of 2