i would like some opinions on these three guitars. I've played them; but can't make up my mind on which to buy. i like to play different styles of music.
Strats are really versatile and prob good for you (may need to change the pickups) Prs sounds really nice too but the lower end arent that great.

Id go strat
I'd also go strat, they're extremely versatile.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
You guys are all smoking weed...

Prs's are WAY I mean WAY!!!! better than Strats...

Although, if (ce) means SE...then I dont know...

Id go Prs...or Les...Gibson, or Epi?
go with the strat. u can play almost anything on them, they play great, overall theyre great guitars.
strat - hendrix? SRV? Knopfler? you can get any style out of them
Grammar Nazi.
ive played both a strat and les paul, amazing guitars but there very different. one day i hope to own both
the les paul is more bluesy and rock guitar.
the strat is more for well anything harder rock and some metal, even rock and blues even, and it has the whammy bar unlike the les paul

strat has a diverse range of good sounding music
still a tough choice,
id get a strat prob
Last edited by backinblack111 at May 14, 2006,
Play whichever you like, man. I would go for sound, then looks. Remember that if you feel one is particularly suited to your style, but your favorite is not that guitar, perhaps a change of pickups could help. I like LP's for their sound and their sexy looks, but many others prefer Strats or other guitars for those same reasons. I don't know very much about electronics and pickups and stuff but if you have a nice, well-made guitar and good equipment, I'm sure you can get pretty much any sound out of it if you're willing to do some modifications.

There ARE some considerations though. If you really like to play old school, classic blues or jazz or something in certain venues, it could be awkward to take a Dimebag-style (you know he's rockin' wherever he's at!) camoflauge-finished flying-V guitar. But hell, even that is secondary. Your playing does 99% of the talking anyway; even if your guitar gets funny looks from people, when you start to play some good music on it, they'll forget all about it
iff you lean more toward hard rock, i would go with the les paul. anything else strat...
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
the les paul is more bluesy and rock guitar.
the strat is more for harder rock and some metal, and it has the whammy bar unlike the les paul

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?! you have it completely backwards man...excapt the whammy bar
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
you have no idea what you want.

all of these guitars feel and sound completely different. you need to narrow down what you want.
what
Quote by ibanez_rocker
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?! you have it completely backwards man...excapt the whammy bar

Thank god someone said it for me.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Only get the LP if you want play hard rock or metal. If not go with the Strat, you can get any tone out of a Strat besides metal and harder rock.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
to be more specific; i like rock/blues (more rock). the guitars i'm looking at are the john mayer signature strat (not a john fan, but i like the guitar), the les paul standard 60's neck, and the paul reed smith custom 24 guitar. the strat and lp have different sounds; but i find that the prs has both the strat and lp sound in one guitar. i'm leaning towards the prs, but i wanted some opinions.
Ok John Mayer guitars are really goods for blues. Depending on what kind of rock you play you should either get the Strat of the Les Paul. I personaly would go with the Les Paul because they sound good playing everything. Especially punk and other types of rock. Hope that helps you.
Quote by Dr. No
Only get the LP if you want play hard rock or metal. If not go with the Strat, you can get any tone out of a Strat besides metal and harder rock.

Dude, look at iron maiden, they all play strats.
i was looking at the john mayer signature strat, lp standard 60's neck, and the prs custom 24's.
prs as long as its the tremonti
otherwise get a les paul
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
PRS is my opinion, or a strat S/S/H, i love those too. but still a schecter fanboy myself..
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál