How much is it? I play metallica, megadeth, iron maiden, pantera, ac/dc, led zeppelin, etc... will it be any god for those?
Quote by ~AdNy
and for whoever took a dump in an acoustic, your a ****in asshole. they probably had to trash that thing.

Quote by Quantonyne
wow...i love the internet. and i thought putting small furry animals up your ass was weird.
Yes. The ultra channel for the metaller stuff, crunch with some mids for the CR stuff.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
woot, thanks, you know how much it is?
Quote by ~AdNy
and for whoever took a dump in an acoustic, your a ****in asshole. they probably had to trash that thing.

Quote by Quantonyne
wow...i love the internet. and i thought putting small furry animals up your ass was weird.
On ebay you can find one for about 400-600. On MF one is 650.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
The 112 (40 W) is $650
the 212 (80W) will be something like $1000

If you can afford it try a 6505, the new 5150 model.
It costs something like $1200
ok, thanks
Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by Quantonyne
it will be absolutely perfect. I got mine a few days back and am so in love with it. the tone is incredible, and it is so versitile. it does the heaviest of metal exactly how i always wanted, and you can get a good classic rocky tone from it too. I love the cleans as well.

metal>clean>classic rock

is probably about how it is wiht the xxx, but it's all good

get it. and EQ it good
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

What kind ofmetal? the stuff you guys mention here is all not quite as heay as i like my metal.. so could it do arsis, at the gates, dark tranquillity (later stuff) etc. guitar tone with some drop C tuning and a metal zone?

Any ideas?
uh, i don't go that heavy
Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by Quantonyne
I own a Peavey XXX 40/efx ... and its sitting like 1 feet to my left. It's an overall good amp. The main thing i dot like about it is that you cant switch betweent the Crunch and Clean channel, Plus they share knobs for settings. but the Ultra chanell is real good, I was just playing some heavier stuff on it such as Amon Amarth, Trivium and what not. Crunch channel is pretty good also. Dont expect to get a really good crisp blues sound out of it. Its more deeper sounding ( May be that i play Les Pauls sooo yea, Single Coils may fix that. ) The clean Chanell .. Well its ok. May just be me, on this one cuz i know i need to change up the settings but the clean is trebley. Not alot of low end in it for me. But for those bands you listed you should be satisfied. It is a pretty versatile amp, I play lots of different genres on it. Amon Amarth, SRV, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Zepp, Metallica and what not.
i own the 2x120 watt version. it's sounds GREAT for pantera/megadeath/metallica tones. exactly what it was made for. it won't do led zep and ac/dc, though. you could use a boost (like a maxon OD9) over the clean though.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Forgot to add one more thing that you may wanna know about this amp. There is a big volume difference between clean and ultra channel. Ultra channel is loud. Clean is not loud at all. I crank the clean up all the way and the ultra channel is louder even at around 3. ( Not o'clock ) But i got the 1 speaker one, Maybe differnt on others.
ok, thanks
Quote by ~AdNy

Quote by Quantonyne
one the 2x12 the clean is louder than the rest...
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile