So, whats everyone's favorite sounds\songs\bands in Drop C tuning? I've played in Drop D alot and am having trouble finding regular bands in Drop C outside of Atreyu and As I Lay Dying. Cheers
Metallicas album 'St. Anger', they're songs suck but thats all I can think of, Oh yeah, Children of Bodoms new album 'Are You Dead Yet'.
oh yea lamb of god is in drop d by the way..........and yea COB's new album is in drop c
Quote by Lucid_Dreaming
Rammstein!

...although only from Reise reise or rosenrot.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Lol, wow i feel stupid, i listen to bullet for my valentine alot already... Ill defintely check out them and children of bodom, killswitch maybe. And lamb of god does have a few songs in C but not enough. I think Define the Great Line might be in drop c but I'll have to wait for that :P
Last edited by Efx_Bassist at May 14, 2006,
System of a Down
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
Quote by SuperSnake2012
They play in drop C#, sorry

and now they don't even do that anymore...
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
LIES!

On their april 26th album inter\re-view here it says theyre only drop D or E, my fault. Shadows fall riffs are kinda catchy. I think all that will keep me occupied for a month, thanks
Quote by ToolBass_dude
...although only from Reise reise or rosenrot.

What is a good ramstein song? They suck, its the same words repeated over and over followed by some boring verse in german.
Chimaira!
arch enemy nad inflames play in standard C, but the change isnt too hard to make.
If a band play is satandard D, tehn you only chnage the chord on the top string by two frets everything elseremains the same. So you arent stuck to Drop C bands in Drop C tuning.
heaven shall burn if you know them, sick german metalcore
btw dark tranquillity are also standard C

Triviumk, soulfly (except the drop A) and wintersun stuff should also be playable.

And what do devildriver play in? B i think..
Quote by andjustice4all2
What is a good ramstein song? They suck, its the same words repeated over and over followed by some boring verse in german.

try Mein Teil. It's probably enough shock value for you to like it without thinking like with the others.
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
Quote by MastaBassist10
Nope, Toxicity was in C natural.

ALL SOAD songs pre-Mezmerize (except maybe an acoustic song) are in Drop C natural

PRobably been said before but I think all of Toxicity (System of a Down) was in Drop C.
Quote by ZoSo_guy
theres not 1 lamb of god song in drop c....theyve always been drop d

Lamb of god plays d open and not drop D, there is a difference and they have songs in drop C as well, just listen it's easy to tell drop C and D open from drop D or anything else
...:::The Master Chief :::...
dare I say linkin park... but that's mostly drop Db but I think they've got some all out drop C. Drop Db isn't that different from drop C in terms of sound, really. in fact, if you play in standard a lot (which you probably don't) you really only have to drop D from E to practice stuff in drop C.

but back on topic, Breaking Benjamin has a lot of stuff in drop C, sprinkled with Db, and I believe disturbed too.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Ummmm any song in a dropped tuning can be played in dropped C.

Songs don't *have* to be played in the key that the band plays them in.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Well, to be honest, I have NO idea what any tuning sounds like outside of D and C so im fucked unless... yeah nvm. Linkin Park, God no... id rather... burn a 4001 ric
Not sure if you like nonpoint, thier first album is in drop c. Endure is my favorite.
Fender Strat
Ibanez 2351 LP Copy
Fender Stage Lead II
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Fab Tone
Boss MT-2
Boss BF-2
Boss DD-5
Digitech RP100A
A lot of Children of Bodom's new songs are in drop C, I don't think they're terribly hard either (When you compare it to their older stuff).
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by xchiefx
ALL SOAD songs pre-Mezmerize (except maybe an acoustic song) are in Drop C natural

true that bitch, all of soads stuff was in drop c, then it went to drop c#, then drop d, and yeah, now they took a break...

and cobs new stuff is drop c, but thats just for power chords, drop c, is like drop d, except a whole step lower, so if you want to play darker, drop your tuning to

D
A
F
C
G
D

thats just regular tuning down a step, its what cob uses, play any song like that, and it'll make it sound darker, cause its a whole step lower, playing 7th fret in standard, would be like playing 5th fret in drop tuning, get it??
Will

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die, Aces High.