I have recently noticed that alot of people, a LOT of people, absolutely HATE the Marshall MG Series. Yes, I realize that I am pretty much acting like another "Captain Obvious". I neither own, like, like or dislike the Mg Series. Why does everyone hate it so much? OH god.......
I wondered that too...i was thinking of getting one but I decided not to because of all the stuff about them being horrible or whatever
Quote by nic_2090
What ever happened to sticks and stones....?

Quote by Maet
The Niggers took them all to build their crappy huts in africa and Detroit...

Too much?
i was told they were crap, but my friend has an MG60 and it's amazin..i guess it's to do with how far up ur ass for "tone" u are
Quote by Danger_Dick
i was told they were crap, but my friend has an MG60 and it's amazin..i guess it's to do with how far up ur ass for "tone" u are

Go play it a little over a few weeks. You will eventually realize they sound like bee's in a can.
Quote by Danger_Dick

Quote by Danger_Dick

Didnt know there was a 60. There is a 30 and a 50 and a 100 but i havent heard of a 60

Unreliable, toneless little amps
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Depends on which model of MG you get

I played one in a shop - and i considered buying it, but then I sat and considered it for a while, and I realised that the fan in the back is SO F**KING LOUD!

with the volume below 3 you can still audibley hear the fan while playing - and THAT'S my biggest gripe with them.
my gripe is that they dont have enough distortion to play led zepplin (sarcasm) but still they have a horrible distortion channel and the cleans make the sound , well, sound fake
I have very little experience with them, but the last time i was at guitar center, i wanted to play a Fender Hot Rod Deville, and since they were out of benches, the guy helping me gave me a Marshall MG to sit on. The guy trying out the MGs appeared slightly offended.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at May 14, 2006,
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I have very little experience with them, but the last time i was at guitar center, i wanted to play a Fender Hot Rod Deville, and since they were out of benches, the guy helping me gave me Marshall MG to sit on. The guy trying out the MGs appeared slightly offended.

That's great. I wish my local store had MGs so I could sit on them (people are always in the stools...playing Hypnotize or attempting BYOB)
MG's are overpriced sterile amps...

They soil the marshall name.

There are worse amps out there, they just cost a lot less.
Oh, the Marshall MG. All the guitarists I worshipped used Marshall amps so I figured all Marshall's were awesome. As a new guitarist I went to Guitar Center to play my three power chord songs on expensive guitars and fancy amps. I saw a Marshall combo so I ran up to it like a giddy school girl with an Epiphone SG in hand. I plugged it in my whole world started crashing down.
^That's why you don't play MG's.

I was thinking about getting an MG half stack for a little while last year...

I got a Laney GH50L and a Carvin Legacy 2x12 instead. Good decision?

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by ChurchNSkate
^That's why you don't play MG's.

I was thinking about getting an MG half stack for a little while last year...

I got a Laney GH50L and a Carvin Legacy 2x12 instead. Good decision?

best decision. sound quality > loudness
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Refixer
Because their tone absoutely sucks. They are poor built. Because God hates them.

PSST

Its because Jim Marshall touches himself at night.. pass it on..
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
PSST

Its because Jim Marshall touches himself at night.. pass it on..

Damn. How could I forget that point too?!
Nothing sucks, it's all preference.

If you like it, then more power to ya. Asking people on UG about why they hate MG's will only result in the typical answers - tone sucks, and/or breaks down.