well i really need some help coz ive been in a rut since the past 2 years... the thing is tht i live in pakistan and we cant get any thing good over here but im finally going to the uk so ill have the chance to get some new equipment i need u guys to suggest what gear i shud get i dont have alot of money probably around 500 quid and i want to get a guitar and an amplifier i currently have a fender amp 25r and a ltd dv8r which is the mustaine signature guitar but i dont knw my rig sounds completely messed up so what i need is for u guys to suggest what i shud buy and i want the money to be well spent plz help me out
This should be in Gear and Accesories. I'd report it to get it moved for you, but I don't know how
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
*reported*

i put that it needed moving
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Oops, I reported it first, but forgot to say so. My bad.

And poochy, it's this button:
or
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
*reported*
Schecter Jolly Roger
Epiphone G-310
Behringer V-Ampire

Quote by Chungavelli
Yes, but if Bob Dylan were from Holland, he'd be an asshole.

Member #3 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
FIrstly, a bigger amp, something tube but not too expensive. You should probably took at an all-tube combo like a Peavey Valveking etc etc.
Secondly, effects, you probably want an OD (Boss SD-1, Boss OD-1) or a Distortion (Boss DS1, Rocktron Zombie if you got the money, Maybe something a bit heavier if you like metal, say a Digitech Metal Master, but i'd say a valve amp + DS-1 should be enough.

A wah - Either a Dunlop Crybaby or a VOX V847 should do fine.

Delay - Boss DD-3, no question

Some sort of modulation like a chorus, phaser, flanger. I'd say get a chorus for metal, it is used quite commonly (BOss CH-1 or CE-5) and a phaser if you got the money (MXR Phase 90)
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I think your biggest priority should be an amp, then pedals with any money left.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
Well what kind of music do you play? How big of an amp do you need? Do you just play in your bedroom, or do you need something bigger for gigs? What sized gigs are you playing?

Laney LC-15, LC-30 and LC-50 are all good choices, depending on what style of music you play and how big an amp you need. They're well priced, especially in the UK because they're British, and will leave you enough money for pedals and accessories.
Quote by MavataR
thats one hell of a find. Did it have change in the case? cause you probably stole it from a busker who was off taking a piss.

yeah well basically i play metal like metallica maiden but i have to say the biggest influence would be without a doubt megadeth just tell me which amp would sound bitching with my guitar tht is an esp mustaine signature and well i need the amp for jams with the band and fairly large gigs say about 100 ppl
i'd say you're wanting tube amp, a combo tube amp. Here's a few examples:
Peavey Valveking
Laney LC30
(if you got money) Mesa Nomad Combo

Go to the "Ultimate Gear Information thread, and look for something high gain in your price range, that will give you an understandgin. Keep some money aside for a Dunlop Crybaby Wah as well, and a chrous pedal, and that should just about do. (maybe a Boss Super Overdrive to boost your tubes nd send into metal territory). However, you will have to change power amp tubes in 2-3 years time, just be aware of that.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM