sup guys,

alright i'm a 14 year old and hav played guitar for about a year, and always wanted a telecaster in Sunburst colour, and today i went on ebay and found one that's current bid is $460 canadain! ($415 Us.) good right? but that's alot of money, and i'm wondering if it's worth it--i used to play in a band, but not anymore, but i might play in a band again soon, and the guitar i have now is a piece of crap, not alot better than a squire (i got it for $150). i want the guitar, and i could sell my guitar for $100, but..i dunno-thoughts?

thanks
I once tried to eat something I found on my balls. It turned out to be a cookie.

Quote by Darkrunner
Faggot and homo.....nothing wrong with those terms. They simply describe a man who sticks his weiner in another man's turd tunnel.......
The price doesn't seem to be a buy. Musician's Friend carries them for $400 - $434 if I'm not mistaken.

Even if you are saving a few bucks, buying online doesn't give you the safety of buying from a guitar store: No warranties, possible shipment damages, etc.

You might even think about trading in your guitar AT a guitar store. You might get less for your guitar*, but they might throw some favors your way. In the end, it should even out.

(*I bought an LP II for $150 and guitar center is offering me $60, but then he said he would knock off around $40 from the new guitar I want)
"Calling her a ***** for lame shows isn't exactly the most romantic thing in the world. Seriously buddy, try not to be so cute and funny, and just try to be romantic, because this is garbage.
I'd probably take a small amount of offense to this if I cared about being Jewish, but I don't.

Good intentions yeah, but expect either your heart to broken, or a slap in the face, because this song will end in disaster."
depends on what kind of tele it is. and teles dont suck, fantastic guitars if you get a good one.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by AznInvazn666
Tele's suck. Get an Ibanez RGX370DX for only $359.99.

Yeah, I've seen more intelligent quotes from autopsy patients.

Check it out. Telecasters can be pretty good. Learn what kind of music you like, your playing style, and go to a store and play around with it. Just make sure you REALLY want it before you buy it. Nothing worse than a bad buy.
It's not a big enough saving to be worth it by the looks of it. As the guy said, try trading your guitar in for a new one.
Quote by Ippon
I love my Highway 1 Tele with the sunburst. I saw some MIM Teles for US $269 at GC, awesome buy IMO.

what's GC, and do they have em in Canada? and what do you mean by "buy IMO?"
I once tried to eat something I found on my balls. It turned out to be a cookie.

Quote by Darkrunner
Faggot and homo.....nothing wrong with those terms. They simply describe a man who sticks his weiner in another man's turd tunnel.......
yea I own a SG but my friend has a Tele and its pretty sweet. If youve only been playing a year im pretty sure that that guitar will more than fufill all your wildest dreams.

be carfull getting stuff on ebay though, if you do have a guitar center or something like it you should go there and just get a used one.
Quote by AznInvazn666

Spoken like a true dumbass.

You can get Tele's for 400 on musiciansfriend, I think.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by atm_sk8er
what's GC, and do they have em in Canada? and what do you mean by "buy IMO?"

IMO = in my opinion
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
If it's a Highway 1/American Tele that's a great deal, but if it's a Standard you're not getting a deal.
go for the tele if you like any of the following: Jimmy Bryant, Muddy Waters, Jeff Beck (he used a modded esquire at one point) John 5, that dude from hawethorne heights, that dude from FOB, Bruce Springsteen, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood(uses an ESP tele), Brad Paisley, Izzy Stradlin, Joe Perry(used one with a Strat neck with the Joe Perry Project in the 70's/80's), Early Zeppelin, the rhythm guitarist from Silvertide, the Edge (much of the how to dismantle an atomic bomb album), 80's Pete Townshend

Don't if you want to be Zakk Wylde or Eddie VanHalen

Teles rock way hard man, but they are not metal machines
Quote by AznInvazn666

You've been a member for 12 days and have made over 100 posts? If they're all as stupid as that one then you're going to have a painful time as a member of this community.
Quote by Keef-is-king
go for the tele if you like any of the following: Jimmy Bryant, Muddy Waters, Jeff Beck (he used a modded esquire at one point) John 5, that dude from hawethorne heights, that dude from FOB, Bruce Springsteen, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood(uses an ESP tele), Brad Paisley, Izzy Stradlin, Joe Perry(used one with a Strat neck with the Joe Perry Project in the 70's/80's), Early Zeppelin, the rhythm guitarist from Silvertide, the Edge (much of the how to dismantle an atomic bomb album), 80's Pete Townshend

Don't if you want to be Zakk Wylde or Eddie VanHalen

Teles rock way hard man, but they are not metal machines

Nice sentiment, but I disagree. Just because his guitar heros or someone else uses a particular guitar doesn't mean anything. And shred/metal is in the technique, not really the equipment. Everyone forgets so easily that one of the fastest shredders on earth uses vintage Strats as his main axes.

This is the rule you should follow when shopping for a guitar: If you like the way it sounds and feels, it's for you. That simple.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at May 14, 2006,
I LOVE teles. If its american then take in in a heartbeat if its highway one then take it too. If its a standard MIM then your getting ripped off
i play stuff like foo fighters, jet, jack johnson (acoustic), Oasis, (actually a good band other than wonderwall)

still a good guitar for that stuff, and if not, what guitars should i get to get that kind of distortion sound like jet & foo?

Quote by Darkrunner
Fine for that stuff, but you may want to consider a semi-hollow. Try being English and growing up in the '90s - I've heard so much Oasis I'd rip out my own eyes rather than play it myself.
tele's dont suck.
u cant always get a better deal in person.
and that seems like a lot if its just a fender mexican tele.

like asked, what brand? and have u looked around at other tele's?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Jenny, your avatar confused me for about 1.7 seconds. :P I love it!

Teles are very good, well-balanced guitars in my opinion. Like said above, if it's a Mexican Tele then it's not a good deal because you can buy a new one for about the same amount Canadian. But if it's American or Japanese, then it's a sweet deal.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

You can get a brown sunburst Standard Telecaster for $399.99 at Musicians Friend. Guitars off e-bay are very iffy. Might not be the best idea.