Okay, my project for the summer is to build a guitar speaker cabinet. I've never built anything like this before, but I looked at the cabinet tutorial and it was very helpful. I'ce decided to use 4 Celestion Vintage 30s, but that's about it. I have a couple questions/concerns.

1. I would like to wire in a kill switch that will cut out all but one speaker, but I have no idea how to wire it. If anyone can help me with a wiring diagram or something, it would be much appreciated.

2. What gauge wire should I use to wire the speakers together?

3. What woods should I build the thing out of (I'm thinking birch-ply, but I'm not sure)?

I'm sure that I'll think of more questions as I begin to build it, but any help with the questions above will definately help me along my way. Thanks!

(Also, I'll try to remember to post pictures as I progress on the project)
My rig:

Guitars:
Ibanez Jetking 2 (electric)
Hohner HW300-G TBK (acoustic)

Amps:
Peavey Encore 65
Crate CP-150 and building my own cabinet in the summer

Effects:
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
birch ply would be good. the denser the wood, the more projection
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
If you hooked up 2 pairs of speakers in paralell, with each speaker being 8ohms resistance you will get your 8ohm over all resistance. You could then wire one of the speakers to a switch that is conected to the wires that will controll it. Im not sure what kind of switch would work for that, but I know it is possible. You would just have alot of power going to that speaker. Maby a switch and a resistor would work so you dont send to much to you one speaker. I was thinking of making a 4*12 with the vintage 30s too.