hey can someone please explain to me how to attach an amp to a basic stereo speaker or if it is even possible. I have a yamaha stereo and a roland micro cube amp but want more volume. the speaker has one of those things where you have to put the wire directly in the input to get it to work thanks.
the impendances will be different. dont think it can be done

you'll probably titarse the speakers up too. if you want more volume, buy a bigger amp.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
ya but these are strong speakers......does anyone knkow a good cheap amp thats loud?
Quote by KiErAn123
no money...thats a problem whats titarse mean?

made up word

save up for a larger amp. the micro cube is a brilliant practice amp, but wont cut it if you want to play in a band scenario.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
one of those rogue 1x12 or 2x12 combos ~150-250 usd
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
you will need at least 5 thousand watts. tube.

what kind of drum heads does your drummer use?

if he uses REMO Atomics you cant possibly be louder than him unless you have at least 2 thousand watts cranked.
Quote by boardsofcanada
you will need at least 5 thousand watts. tube.

what kind of drum heads does your drummer use?

if he uses REMO Atomics you cant possibly be louder than him unless you have at least 2 thousand watts cranked.

just sort of starting, hes got an old set that sucks hes getting a new one but he plays loud....can ayone tell me if the line 6 spider II 150 Watt-er is any good...to me it seems good
It's loud as HELL.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
ok that whole thing was a joke.

a 'strong' speaker means nothing. i can plug my 300 watt max speakers into a 50 watt receiver and i will get a max of 50 watts from it.

15/10 watts ss is no bueno for drums, unless you find one of those 15's that are unholy loud for a 15.

30 is the typical practice wattage, it suits almost all situations just fine, unless your drummer is Very Flipping Loud.

50+ youre golden whoever your drummer is pretty much

100,120 are pretty much a waste for simple practice.

if you really like your micro cube but simply want it louder, why not just get a cube 30?

~175 if i remember right but i never specificly looked at one. less than 200.

i have a 30 watt valvetronix, the other amp people would suggest (other than a cube30) and i think it sounds pretty good, and its certainly surprisingly loud, able to vibrate my clothes a little pretty far away from it.

cuuuuuuubbbbee