I understand modes completely fine, so I don't need an explanation of those. But now that I've started to use them more and more, I'm interested in which modes sound good in different types of songs. For example, I have a good jazzy progression in C Major, and I like to use the G Mixolydian mode over it. What are some other good mode used in jazz?

Also, is there an appropriate time to switch modes in a certain song?

Sorry if my questions are bland, but hopefully they're easy enough to understand. Thanks for any help.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
You play the mode that contains the same notes as the chords you're playing. Playing G Mixolydian over a C major progression is the same as playing C Ionian over that progression except that you'll probably put more emphasis on G than C.
try the E Phrygian, since it's in C. That'll sound pretty nice.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Well are you trying to see what emotoins/moods the different modes evoke while played over different types of progressions?

And also, since you claimed you know what they are, couldn't you experiment yourself as well? (you probably already have, and I'm guessing you just wanted some outside input?)

Appropriate time to change modes during a song? If the key changes, between the verse and chorus, or verse and bridge, or whereever you think it would sound good. I hope some of that helped you
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour