Hey everywhere I go I hear "B.C. Rich sucks" or "B.C. Rich there awful guitars" list the reasons why people hate B.C. Rich. I'd like to know. Thanks
bLaCkSkaLl

My Gear
Dean From Hell
Marshall G50R CD
Ibanez: Tubescreamer,
,Flanger/Chorus,
Delay/Echo
Korg CA-30 Tuner
Craptastic wood on most of their guitars (Agathis)
Craptastic pick-ups
Craptastic production
They're not terrible, but they're not all that great, unless you get one of their high end models that are around $600+
Quote by las7
I had a past g/f that called me "bitch" while we had sex.
Any simular expirances UG users?
a kid that goes to my school has the Platinum series Virgo one in white and black, the paint job is horrible, one of the worst ive ever seen from a big guitar company, they are usually built pretty bad with cheap parts, woods, and just bad designs, they are very unversitile and are mostly made for metal n00bs that see the shape and say "wow that must be awesome", overall this kid at my school payed like 500 for it and it is very poor for that much $
They're just guitars that look good but don't play very well. A great player can make almost anything sound great (IE Mick Thompson since he played them for their radical design in Slipknot). But even he wisened up. He switched over to Ibanez.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
I actually played a decent one at Guitar Center yesterday. Some kid was eyeing one next to me, and he asked me what I thought about them. I told him that the vast majority of BC Richs that I've played have sucked ass, but I picked up the NJC Mockingbird that he was toying with, and it wasn't half bad. Sustained decently and was actually pretty well made. The kid ended up buying it.

Of course, all of the other ones that I played there felt and sounded like crap. *shrug*
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at May 14, 2006,
Spinal Tap used B.C. Riches.

As did Chuck Shuldiner.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
The perception that BC Rich guitars suck is due to the market being flooded with their low end schlock. Kids buy these up like nuts, so there's a lot of them around. Other than looking cool (if you're into those shapes), having really fast necks and low action, these guitars have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Now once you start looking at NJ series, you're starting to talk quality guitars. They're a huge step up. And if you get into American-made models, you're talking top-of-the-line shìt - especially their custom shop.

But in the past 5 years that I've been a regular customer at the local shop that sells BC Rich, only twice have I seen NJ series, and one was a bass. Only once did I see a USA model, and it was a used superstrat-type. You really don't see the good ones very often.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^Like Crunch said, the market is flooded with their garbage models.

The reason these low end models suck is simply cheap, garbage components.

Agathis is about the lowest you can get for guitar wood. The only thing that could be worse would be plywood.

The pick-ups are garbage, as others have said already.

The hardware is cheap.

Look at other guitars. you can find much better ones for the price.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I messed with a NJ BC Rich last week (not sure the model) and it wasn't bad. Clear coated natural woods, thru neck, decent fretboard, pickups were marginal. I'm not sure it was worth the money but if you really like that design it would be ok, with a pickup swap.

Moser Custom Shop is owned by the guy that did some of BC Rich's early designs and makes really nice guitars. If you were looking for a body style in the BCR vein, check out Moser instead.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.