Ok, I want a new guitar. Im getting a Schecter for sure, but I dont know weather I should get the Omen 6 or Damien 6. If I get the Omen 6, I will buy Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader pickups for the bridge and possibly the neck. I noticed that Synyster Gates (Im trying to achieve his sound) has a C-1 FR....and his guitar is Mohogany, and the Omen and Damien 6 are Basswood. So heres the thing, would a SH-8 Invader sound good in a basswood body??
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
basswood is pretty comparable tonally to mahogany.
Signatures are for posers.

oh wait, that's a signature.

dammit.
i always thought that the duncan invader sounded muddy, im not too sure but it would be best to ask the guys in the guitar gear & accesories to see if you can get a better pickup
Well, I'm going with the SH-8 because its the same model that Syn uses in his C-1 and Im just trying to get as close to that as i can...thanks yall
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
doesnt he uses emg's. oh well i dont know **** about syn. anyway just because he uses doesnt mean it will get you the sound he has you also gotta get all of his gear. so what amp do you have
Im getting a Crate FTX65 w/ DSP, and I know that i wont get his exact sound but it will get me close enough untill i get a mesa dual rect.... (at least i think thats what he uses) and no, he uses the SH-8 Invader i spent so long looking it up haha
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
hate to burst your bubble but syn also uses 3000 dollar bogner ubershalls. so yaaa. people say the invaders don't sound good unless u have a really nice tube amp. plus his guitar is like a custom made one. (damn him) and ya he uses an invader in the neck and bridge