Epiphone Les Paul 100
Is this a good guitar for the price? I've been playing for about 8 months and I'm pretty decent, so I though i would try to move up from my First Act guitar/amp. I play mostly powerchord stuff, Green Day, Rise Against, Blink 182, Nirvana, White Stripes, most stuff like that. Since this is my first "real" guitar purchase, I was wondering if this would be a wise purchase for me. I was also wondering if anyone had any reccomendations for a decent amp with overdrive/other effects for around $200. If this isn't good then what should i get for around $200. (i have a budget of $400)
you are going to get the crap burned out of you for saying your decent after only 8 months. the guitar sounds okay...for your stuff it should be fine.
Quote by Which_Guitar
i've started to learn the HALO theme song (the hard one) to kill time!

Quote by timsafatass
Dude, you cant play it because your right handed, you can only play it on a left handed guitar
look at the Vox DA5 for a practice amp and an Agile AL-2500 of some sort, that Epiphone wont be much better than your current guitar

or maybe a Vox Valvetronix AD15VT and a Agile AL-2000

you probably want to just save up more money though, the Vox Valvetronix series is great though so you could get the AD15VT and then save up to around 500 for a nice guitar
Last edited by Teleprompters at May 14, 2006,
I have this guitar. It was a nice upgrade from my crappy fat-strat copy, but don't expect a lot from the stock pick-ups.
the lesser known of the 4
its not that you suck, your just still learning...and will be for the rest of your life
Quote by Which_Guitar
i've started to learn the HALO theme song (the hard one) to kill time!

Quote by timsafatass
Dude, you cant play it because your right handed, you can only play it on a left handed guitar
I knew people that only played only 8 months who would knock your sox off. Some ppl are naturals.

After 16 yrs of playing, I still suck =P
Quote by Teleprompters
look at the Vox DA5 for a practice amp and an Agile AL-2500 of some sort, that Epiphone wont be much better than your current guitar

This man knows what he's talking about. +10^999 to this post.

If you have more money, you could go for a Vox AD30VT or a Roland Cube 30. The Cube is more suited for metal and heavier stuff, while the Vox fares better with cleans and is a good all-around amp.

I have a Vox AD15VT (the 15 watt version) and I love it.
Don't listen to the people who say Epiphone sucks. Just because they don't like them doesn't mean you won't.

I have a $3000 Gibson.
My friend has a $500 Epiphone.
Same guitar(Les Paul) same color.

The Epiphone makes my Gibson look like a piece of ****. I tune mine about every 2 days. My friend tunes his when he restrings it(which is about every month and a half) and it doesn't go out of tune once.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true