what would be a better setup?

ibanez jem, mesa dual recto, ibanez tubscreamer

gibson les paul gt, dual recto

epi elitist les paul custom, dual recto

or one of those 3 guitars and a marshall jcm 900 4100.

how much are bogner ubershall heads?

i play mainly my chemical romance,a7x,trivium,metallica,turbonegro,the used,taking back sunday, from first to last
for you definitely not the JEM though they are awesome for shred, i personally hate the GT's paintjob but it should play and sound pretty nice, either of the les pauls with a dual recto would be great, anything you pick here will be a great investment though
the jem and dual recto. get that for the love of god.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Jem and Uberschall, oh my!!
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
you cant link musiciansfriends products anymore, it just takes you to the main page. what guitars are they?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
jem
pros: awesome guitar, great tone, nice neck, looks awesome and sounds better
cons: not everyone likes the neck, do you really want a floyd rose, could be a bit to shred for you
GT
pros: gibson.............
cons: gibson, one of the new gibsoon *shudders uncontrollably*
Elitist
pros: good guitar for the price, very versatile
cons: doesn't stack up with the jem, heavy
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
what exactly do u mean by "one of those new gibsons?" and what do u mean by too shred?

and what are the pros and cons of these 3 amps.

mesa dual recto

bogner ubershall

marshall jcm 900 4100
the jem is really shred based, as in the pickups are hot and will show your mistakes if you suck.
the new gibsons are genrally ****tier than the older ones because the quality control has gone to hell.
get the jem and the dual recto.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
what if i replaced the jem pickups? and when u say quality controm what do u mean? wood quality? electronic quality?
just quality of the products in general.
you shouldn't need to replace the pickups in the jem, just eq your amp accordingly to suit the pickups.
if anything the clarity of the pickups will tighten up your playing.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
i say the elitist because for you its the best, MCR uses them and it is perfect for the other bands you listed, the jem's neck is extremely thin and too thin for many, it is very shred based and not heavy enough for him IMO, you wont need a floyd for your styles and they can be annoying, elitist & dual recto is the way to go(maybe change the pups on the LP), anything you pick will be very good though
will i be able to pull of a mcr tone with the jem and dual recto?

in order to give u an idea of my style combine synester gates and frank iero
^yes. Teh Evo pickups are very versitle
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
so deffinently the jem over the gt and elitist? and how much is the bogner ubershall? is it better than the recto?
The bogner is liek 3k so yea..... I wouldnt rule out the GT and Elitist yet. just try out a studio at your local store and an epiphone custom. About the same. as the two pauls. then try an Ibanez that is rg1570 or up to see how the JEm feels.
well i have an epi les paul custom. is that about the same as the gt? and can somebody find a site that has pics of it that arn't just the red one?
^ the custom is about the same as the other epi except that is is all mahagony. It's a bti darker sounding and just a tiny bit higher quality.

The Gt to me felt like a Les paul Studio.