Page 1 of 5
Who here likes Behemoth?

I think they are awesome.

I am hoping to maybe see them on the Sounds Of The Underground tour if i can get a ticket.

Discuss!
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

Krank: "Here you go mate, shiitloads of money and free amps, all you have to do is have a pic taken with your thumbs up looking happy with this amp, we will do the rest"

Endorsee:"OK, thanks"
Behemoth are wery good. Don't listen to anybody who tells you otherwise.

As Above, So Below!

\m/
I like them. Although ZKC was better than Demigod
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
I likes the vocals.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
They're very good. I saw them along with Morbid Angel and Krisiun and others.. Yeah, very good in concert, you should definitally go.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Booring! Their songs are one huge mesh of overbearing vocals. The lyrics are decent though.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
I just can't get used to the vocals, but the riffing is great.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Old=t3h pwN
New=pwN, but not as pwNing as t3h old

****in love Behemoth, but I don't like the new vocals, it sounds like Negal multitracked so ****ing hard, he seems to have his regular voice, plus 6 octaves above and below it all at once. I think it distracts from the music.
Nobody realizes that everything before Demigod had regular death vocals. Zos Kia Cultus is incredible. Demigod got old really fast, although Xul kicks ass. I hope they go back to Nergal's regular vocals like on Zos Kia, because those were really good.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I dunno......his vocals were great in ye old times, but I still think the Demigod vox kicks ass. Very alien sound to them, which I like.
i havent heard a lot of their songs but the ones that i have heard are really good
Quote by ChildofBodom
Their death metal albums were esentially just Morbid Angel ripoffs.

Pfft. Whatever. Definately, "similar" but I wouldn't go so far as to say "ripped-off." Lots of bands have been influenced by MA anyhow.
Quote by totenkopf
Pfft. Whatever. Definately, "similar" but I wouldn't go so far as to say "ripped-off." Lots of bands have been influenced by MA anyhow.

To me, the only real difference between MA and Behemoth was the soloing on ZKC. the tone, riffing, a lot of the vocals, sounded way too MA-esque. Because no one can solo like Trey.
Pfft, I disagree entirely. When I think of Behemoth, it all comes down to Nergal's philosophies, because it influences the music so much. They're influenced a bit by MA but not THAT much. I dunno, I've read extensive interviews with Nergal so I know the meaning behind a lot of the songs because I've also done a lot of research on the religious cults and such that he writes about, which adds a lot to the musical experience.

On a side note, I think the end guitar solo on Xul by Karl is the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. Nothing like he does in Nile, which is good in the context of the song. Impeccable guitar work.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
anyone going to SOTU
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

Krank: "Here you go mate, shiitloads of money and free amps, all you have to do is have a pic taken with your thumbs up looking happy with this amp, we will do the rest"

Slaves Shall Serve!
[color="Red"][size="3"][B]   ___   __     __        
  / __\ / /    /__\ /\/\  
 / _\  / /    /_\  /    \ 
/ /   / /___ //__ / /\/\ \
\/    \____/ \__/ \/    \/
[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Member of "Genital Grinders", the Carcass Fan Club. P.M. "Embodiment" to join.
Lol I thought the solo on Xul was pretty lame actually. Just me I guess.

I like Grom, even though he kinda sucks at singing. oh well.
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Quote by reed
Lol I thought the solo on Xul was pretty lame actually. Just me I guess.

I like Grom, even though he kinda sucks at singing. oh well.

Sucks at singing?! Didn't you start a Behemoth fan club once? And now you only like Grom?

I will never forgive this betrayal reed.......

He's got such a weak voice. But I guess thats black metal for ya.
I've sorta grown bored of them. ZKC and Grom are the only ones I listen to anymore.
THE TREND IS OVER
Quote by reed
He's got such a weak voice. But I guess thats black metal for ya.

It's true. The only reason his voice even sounds remotely meaty on Demigod is because of the 80 layers of reverb tacked onto his vocals.
Quote by grimreaper65
Am I the only one who doesn't like Behemoth?

'Fraid not, maybe we should start an ultra trendy club!
Don't be derivative. Explore...
Last edited by INDUSTRIALMETAL at May 16, 2006,
His growls sometimes can have power, but when he actually tries to sing? pathetic haha.
THE TREND IS OVER
When who tries to sing? I'm somewhat lost here, has Behemoth had more than one vocalist, or are still talking about Nergal?
anyone seen them live before
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

I've seen them a few times. They play here every 2-3 months. Nergal should just move to Toronto.
Page 1 of 5