lately ive been building up my picking speed a lot and i came to a point where im not sure if im tremelo picking or not.
i can pick very fast with out using my elbow and just keeping my wrist loose, but it sounds the same when do use my elbow (tremelo picking)

am i still tremelo picking if im not useing my elbow?

sry about the bad description, i didnt know how to explain it
Originally posted by skeptopotamus
Well, me and my lab of expert scienticians have created an ingenius device that will capture one's flatulence and transport it to a nearby foe's rectum, thus attributing any foul odors towards your enemies, mblavin.
trem picking isnt when you use your elbow.... actually, dont pick from your elbow, i heard that can really mess ya up :P
Will

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die, Aces High.
You can tremelo pick without using your elbow. In fact, I don't think it's recommended that you use your elbow.
trem picking is just fast picking, what your doing right now is probably fine, if you wanna get faster, pull out your metrnome lol
Will

that makes me feel a lot better, because i allways thought that tremelo picking was like not the right way to pick...i dono where i heard it from but i feel a lot better now that i know for a fact that im picking faster and not cheating somehow lol
Originally posted by skeptopotamus
Well, me and my lab of expert scienticians have created an ingenius device that will capture one's flatulence and transport it to a nearby foe's rectum, thus attributing any foul odors towards your enemies, mblavin.
Quote by wambulance
lol ok umm whats tremolo picking.

Tremelo picking is basically when you pick a note many times quickly. If done right, it almost sounds like just one long sustained note.

-DS
Quote by Drop Subject
Tremelo picking is basically when you pick a note many times quickly. If done right, it almost sounds like just one long sustained note.

-DS

in a way, but most guitarists cant make that sound, basically, its fast picking, and guitarist who practice it for hours, and have a machine gun wrist, can make the note sound sustained, only quieter usually and with blips, playing it like 15 times in a second, in a way sounds like a sustained note, but not really, and dont fret(haha no pun intended) if you cant pick that fast, i can barely do it, and i sat in my room for weeks practicing with my metronome everyday for hours trying to get that sound, and i can only do maybe 14 notes in a second on that if im lucky, i can get like 8-11 without to much trouble, its just something you have to practice.. but it doesnt involve your elbow, its just fast picking, DONT USE YOUR ELBOW!! lmao, you'll hurt yourself
Will

are you talking about shreding cuz theres a difference tremolo pick is similar to a drum roll, and shreding is simialr to playing fast and clear
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?