How goes it. I bought an ibanez rg3 ex1 recently, it's a great guitar. anybody else got one? oddly enough i could never find a pic of it or anything anywhere, even on ibanez's website. weird. Anyways, i was planning on getting another guitar soon, preferably some kind of les paul standard (plus?). i was wondering how the epiphone les pauls were. i dont see myself buying a GibLP, although i'd love to have one. 1-2 grand is kinda steep. any reasons why i shouldnt get an epiphone?

i was planning on getting the pups changed. anyone got good results from this?

lastly, any suggestions on a guitar besides epiphone? btw $400-$800

thanx
"Sig? No sorry I don't smoke."
perty cool, i actually have an rg2ex1, do you have any pics of the rg3ex1?
Don't buy an Epiphone, buy an Agile AL-3000. Agile totally beats Epiphone in quality and it's way cheaper. It has also many times been compared to Gibson LPs.
AL-3000
Or, if you're into that kinda thing-
AL-3500
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at May 15, 2006,
Quote by skybl4ck
perty cool, i actually have an rg2ex1, do you have any pics of the rg3ex1?

when i go to google and type in ibanez rg3 ex1 it comes up with no useful search results. no pics, no nothing. i wanted to research the guitar before i bought but i just sat there for like 3 hours playin it in the store and decided i knew what i need to know so i bought it.
Here you go-

Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
excellent. i got one with the red finish

oh, and where'd you get that top pic at?
Your mom.

I got it from an Image search, but then I decided to take pics of mine.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at May 15, 2006,
um... try the parker P-44. it definitely beats any other guitars. it has a tap pull. so you can switch it to a humbucker and a single coil. it also has a piezo acoustic system. check it out more on www.parkerguitars.com. you will be amazed!
dont settle for a epiphone and im pretty sure you can find a LP for a little cheapre than a grand mabey im wrong tho. are you looking for a totaly diffrent style of guitar, like a jazz or blues, or do you wanan stick to the ibenez?
Hey
i want a les paul, basically. but if i come along something better, ill go for it.
You did come along something better, the Agile, it's waaay better than any Epiphone and the Lower-end Gibsons.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
yes, get the Agile. compare it to a Gibson, its not much different.
...besides the price tag, that is.
Have you people actually played an Agile, i'm really thinking about snagging one.
BOLD.
I got a new guitar recently too and want another, I have G.A.S.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
i have a question
to get an agile can i just get one at guitar center do thet have them or do i have to go rondomusic
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Its funny how people inside here are "agile!!! must.. have.... ah.. ah.. agile!!" when most of the kids prob never tried one.

Not saying that they aren't good guitars for the money invested, but to come in here saying that the average agile is better than the average low end gibson? Now, thats just plain wrong.

And to all the people moaning about the dramatic decline of gibson quality. I'm by no means an expert, but i've talked with plenty of experienced musicians (Seeing as how i come from a musical family), and none of them would say that gibson has become increasingly lax with their quality control. While most haven't said that they deny the possibility of gibson guitars being better in the good old days, they certainly wouldn't go as far as saying that the gibson made today are crap guitars, and you're only paying for the name etc. etc.

Their quality was bad in the 70s, true. But that was 30 years ago.

Anyways, just try out some epiphones, and if possible, try out some agiles, and find what you like. None of these guitars cost an immense amount of cash, and should you find yourself in need of a replacement in a years time, its not the end of the world.
Last edited by guitarforever<3 at May 15, 2006,
Quote by Chromeproguitar
i have a question
to get an agile can i just get one at guitar center do thet have them or do i have to go rondomusic

GC doen't carry them, they are only avalible through Rondomusic or Ebay.

To maddd0g, you should totally get an Agile, I have one and it's an excellent blues guitar(seeing as you're a bluesier guy).
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Agiles are good. I wouldn't go as far as to compare it to a Gibson LP Standard, but I definitely like it more than most of the Epis I've played
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Now about the Ibanez RG3EX1, I went to GC last weekend, and saw it in the yellow flame, it was stunning. The employee told me that it has active EMG designed pickups, is this true? Did anyone pull out the pups to see if it had a 9v battery in it?
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music