I was in a guitar shop today and I found this Schecter guitar and I saw that it was a baritone, so I took it down, and as I looked at the headstock, I noticed that it only had 5 strings. I blinked a couple of times- to no avail. So why would Schecter make a 5 string guitar, a baritone no less. Does anyone know anything about this strange axe? Thanks.
are you sure it wasnt a 5 string bass?
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Yeah it had to have been a five string bass.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
Quote by Bloody Mary
Yeah it had to have been a five string bass.

Read my post you ignorant spawnchild.
Everyone shut your mouths. You are all freaking idiots. Wes Borland used to play a 5 string Baritone guitar in L.B. Its used for powerchords rhythm and thats about it. Its not a soloing/lead guitar. But i believe you and know what you are talking about.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
^I thought he played a 4 string in "Nookie" (yes, I too was a Limp Bizkit fan). It was like that one JohnnyBoy posted, only without the wild shape. Just a regular old Schecter strat shape.
Yeah I remember that Schecter.
During the times of the avenger 7.
It never struck me, I'd rather have a 6 string baritone.
Quote by DispsablePuppet
drill a hole in the side of your guitar, and make sweet love to the beautiful instrument. twice.

I dig the pretty colors in your eyes.
Would the addition of a 6th string really be that hindering? I mean, why even make a five string guitar... it's like making a toaster with one slot.
I've seen them on ebay a couple of times in the past. You don't see these things often. They're not a very popular guitar.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^x2 Exactly.

I wonder if Schecter is trying to make money, or just trying to have a laugh at whoever would buy one.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by MetalToTheEnd
^x2 Exactly.

I wonder if Schecter is trying to make money, or just trying to have a laugh at whoever would buy one.

They probably set a camera up pointing towards the shelf where they were kept, laughing at whoever tried them.

Pretty pointless, but I would love to try one...
^ I wouldn't.

The idea of a 5 string guitar to me is disgraceful to the traditional minimum of six.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Not low enough for bass, not high enough for guitar. I'd rather a 7 string.
It was just interesting, it actually played pretty nice, had a heavy feel to it, I loved the .11's on it, gave it an almost glassy texture. Not muddy at all.