ok im thinking about buying a new guitar in the near future. i am leaning towards a strat because i really like the sound, look, and feel of them. but i want to have two humbuckers instead of singlecoils. i found one strat with humbuckers on musicians friend hat was in my price range, but it has a weird brown color rosewood fretboard. it might just be me, but it looks a little weird. and id would also rather a maple fretboard. how hard would it be to get the guitar and change the neck, and are there any other models available with a different neck?

here it is...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=516040
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
You like the sound of a Strat yet you want to change it to 2 humbuckers? If you do that it won't sound like a strat anymore. Just like a strat trying to be a Les Paul.
well just disregard that sentence. would it be easy to change the neck or not?
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It's not hard at all to change the neck. I changed from a Squire rosewood, to a maple Fender neck on my guitar. I hate it, I've just never been a fan of how it looks or sounds. Trade?
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Yeah, but also easy to **** up. I'd reccomend taking it to your local guitar shop and getting them to do it, but get them to walk you through it too. A bad neck is no fun for anyone.
Very easy, just unscrew, and screw the new one on.

What's wierd about a rosewood neck though?

AND DON'T TAKE IT TO A SHOP! WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
um... quite easy to change a neck on the fender, but what for? look? i dont know...
Yes, if it's bolt-on.

Quote by Parkerkills
i agreed with you weybl himself. dont change the pickups to humbuckers. if you want both and an acoustic system piezo. check out the parker P44 on www.parkerguitars.com

Quote by Parkerkills
um... try the parker P-44. it definitely beats any other guitars. it has a tap pull. so you can switch it to a humbucker and a single coil. it also has a piezo acoustic system. check it out more on www.parkerguitars.com. you will be amazed!

Stop advertising!
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at May 15, 2006,
hey you guys. i need help on effect pedals. should i buy digitech gnx4 or boss gt-8?
the particular model i was looking at is not available with a maple fretboard. i want a maple fretboard. hence me wanting...a maple fretboard

um please make your own thread dude. its a lot easier to get answers

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
how can i make my own threads? i am a noob on this lol. can you tell me please, thx.
click post new thread

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Parkerkills
hey you guys. i need help on effect pedals. should i buy digitech gnx4 or boss gt-8?

Neither.
Quote by Weybl Himself
Yeah, but also easy to **** up. I'd reccomend taking it to your local guitar shop and getting them to do it, but get them to walk you through it too. A bad neck is no fun for anyone.

I've taken my neck off about....20 to 30 times, purely out of fun/cleaning the neck pocket. its as easy as eating. only 4 screws
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^Yeah, because it sure gets dirty in that neck pocket
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
^Yeah, 'cause it sure gets dirtee in that thar neck pockit

my basses have minute (<1mm) gaps between the neck pocket and the neck, so dust/dandruff/grime get in there

Quote by metaldud536

Last edited by IndieMetalhead at May 15, 2006,
the threadstarter may think that the rosewood fretboard "looks weird" because it's made of Pao Ferro, which is a cousin of rosewood. It tends to be lighter.

EDIT: lighter in color.
that guitar isnt a brown color it is midnight wine, sort of a red fadeaway from some angles it looks red and others it looks black. ive played it at a gutar center and its awesome. problably the best color fender makes i'd recomend buying that one. so many things can go wrong when changing a neck like your guitar never holding tune or warping.
o thats why. i had never seen that wood before. thanks for all the help guys.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by sempri_fi
that guitar isnt a brown color it is midnight wine, sort of a red fadeaway from some angles it looks red and others it looks black. ive played it at a gutar center and its awesome. problably the best color fender makes i'd recomend buying that one. so many things can go wrong when changing a neck like your guitar never holding tune or warping.

.....bullshit. if you're careful, nothing bad happens

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Weybl Himself

Are you joking. BOlt ons are incredibly easy. Easier than removing a bridge in my opinion. I take apart my ibanez and rebuild it just for kicks.
Quote by Bulletbass man
Are you joking. BOlt ons are incredibly easy. Easier than removing a bridge in my opinion. I take apart my ibanez and rebuild it just for kicks.

join the club

although when you have a logical reason to take it to bits, its not as fun

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Parkerkills
i agreed with you weybl himself. dont change the pickups to humbuckers. if you want both and an acoustic system piezo. check out the parker P44 on www.parkerguitars.com

That, Is an ugly ass guitar.
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.