haha sweet. rock on! instrumental was pretty tight. vocals were ok. i like this song
thanks dude this was actually our first show

we did 4 songs total but this was the first one and the other three were originals but there was no room on the camera
"Im not gonna say anything inspirational... im just gonna ****in sware alot. -Billie Joe Armstrong
Really great job guys. Keep it up!
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
Nice man! Very nice! Who cares if the lights were on you rocked.
Im having a little trouble with the intro though.
Could you tell me how to play the intro properly?
How long did it take you to get the solo down?

Yeah Ill stop asking questions

Is that a Les paul I see?
Quote by jmag

God, you make a 5-year-old seem like master Yoda, as far as patience goes.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/sum_41/hell_song_ver6_tab.htm the intro in this tab is perfect (i saw em live) and sinse i started tryin to nail the solo when i was very amateur it took a while but now that ive moved on to harder things its no so bad. and yes (im the guitarist with the red SG tho) the other guy is actually better than me but i just got this solo cuz we dont like the whole "you are lead and you are rythm" thing
"Im not gonna say anything inspirational... im just gonna ****in sware alot. -Billie Joe Armstrong
Thats great, definitely for a first show!
My Gear:
  • Baby Blue Fender MexiStrat
  • Vox AD30VT

MikeLikes2Rock, I tried your idea, Genius!

Yeah, I'm a genius.
I'm not sure if anyone notices that the verse was a rip-off of Nickelback's How you remind me. OTher than that, you put on some great show...could have sang better though
Quote by Tony_26
I'm not sure if anyone notices that the verse was a rip-off of Nickelback's How you remind me.

STFU this guy did great.

Dude, for a three piece, your band is very good. You guys did a terrific job, and even though the vocals didn't a"please" my ears that much, they were still good, just different. Way to go on the solo, too!

Good job man, keep it up. For a first gig, that's incredible. Sounds like the crowd liked it too. Nice song choice

Don't listen to Tony 26, he's a flamer. You guys did well.
Quote by lespaul_rentals
Don't listen to Tony 26, he's a flamer.
He wasn't flaming; he was simply making an observation about the vocal melody of Sum 41's verses for the Hell Song.

He even congratulated the threadstarter on putting for a great show...
Last edited by yawn at May 17, 2006,
Quote by yawn
He wasn't flaming; he was simply making an observation about the vocal melody of Sum 41's verses for the Hell Song.

The thread is called "Hell Song (sum 41 our first show" not "Sum 41 copied Nickelback."

That guy's post was off topic. True, he complimented the threadstarter for a good show, but was I complaining about that? No.

Once again, good performance.
^ "Off-topic" and "flaming" are two different things

Anyways - Sumrocks - good performance. The vocals were pretty decent, the drumming (though not very audible in the recording) seem to be good, and the guitar sounded good. Nice job on the solo, it flowed well.

Extra props for covering one of my favorite songs \m/
sounds alright for 1st show. Cant comment much because of the quality but it seemed cool.

Are you playing it half a step down?
- Satch is awsome -
no our bassist quit ****ing 2 days before the show (dad made him it was retarded) and yes we're playin half a step down.
Dude that was ****ing awesome for a first show! Nice theatrics with the solo! Keep up the great work. The fact that you can sing and play at the same time gets cred in my book. The art of that eludes me but then again I don't have much of a singing voice and would rather not showcase it.
hint for future, more volume u have more pro u sound in alot of cases, volume wouldv helped with the song in the vid
it would've sounded more fuller with the bass, otherwise... great job
That was really good, especially for your 1st show!
I'm sure the girls were all over you for the solo.
lol
Nice job.