hey go to youtube and type dimebag squealing and ull see the lesson
i was wondering is it possible to do this without a whammy bar? i have a les paul it doesnt have one
its kinda harder...
easiest way to get a sound even similar like that... is to use pinch harmonics... so... yeah...
You could always try bending behind the nut...though i dont imagine it will be that easy to make it a decent squeal
Quote by heartbreaker101
Yeah emo is more depressing because you know that you'll never get that wasted time back
In short... No, you can do some pinch harmonics and just dream you are doing Dimes Squeals, other than that, you would really need a trem to be able to dive bomb.
how come when i try do it like i put my finger over it it stops the sound lol he does it and its like WWWHHHHEEEEWWW lol
Quote by butterbeer2fd
how come when i try do it like i put my finger over it it stops the sound lol he does it and its like WWWHHHHEEEEWWW lol

Natural harmonics. Found mainly on 12th and 7th frets, but also almost everywhere else. You rest your finger on the string (don't push down), over a fretbar, and play the string and quickly remove your finger to get a high pitched noise. Then you use your whammy to dive it and make it go WWWHHHHEEWWWW.
I use a digitech whammy pedal to create floyd rose screams, but it cant go up and down like a normal tremelo bar.