I decided to make my old guitar into a fretless today. I took out the frets and filled them in with some strips of mahogany and wood glue. I sanded down all the edges and now it feels like one solid piece of rosewood. What should I put on the fretboard to keep it protected from oil and dirt?
its not oil and dirt you should be worried about its your strings there gonna tear up your fret board thats why its usually only done on bass and you have to use flat wounds... but yeah just buy one of those micro fiber clothes thatl take care of it... you basicly killed your neck though just to let you know
Yeah but I use La Bella Black Nylon Tape wound strings. So they won't be ruining my neck. And about the post before this "but yeah just buy one of those micro fiber clothes thatl take care of it". What the hell is a micro fiber cloth?? Arn't those for glasses?
yeah i think thats what they were made for but i found out they work great on fretboards aswell and yeah i defretted my bass and its rosewood too so yeah it does take a lot of varnish but you can get it coated and that helps alot i think it took 4 coats for my bass
yeah but you can use them for anything really.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
what about protecting my bass from damage (it has roundwounds...yes im poor )
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I guess this dosn't help anyone, but i recently played around on a double bass at my friends house, and oh baby! so sweet. but those flatwound strings are a killer on the fingers..
so i am doing the same thing, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344270&page=1&pp=20, but i still dont knwo what to put on...

arggh!
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Quote by the snow queen
I guess this dosn't help anyone, but i recently played around on a double bass at my friends house, and oh baby! so sweet. but those flatwound strings are a killer on the fingers..

theyre FLATwound...

Quote by metaldud536

Marine Epoxy. It's not that expensive, and it works. I believe it's what Jaco used on his fretboard.

Edit: Sorry... I forgot what your actual question was. That will protect your fretboard from being ripped to hell by roundwounds. I guess it will also protect it from dirt and oil though.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Last edited by poochy at May 15, 2006,
Fiberglass it. Sand it down, 2 layers of 24 ounce, some CA....That's not going anywhere. It'll look cool too.
I'm only half joking. I'll do it someday.
Quote by poochy
Marine Epoxy. It's not that expensive, and it works. I believe it's what Jaco used on his fretboard.

Edit: Sorry... I forgot what your actual question was. That will protect your fretboard from being ripped to hell by roundwounds. I guess it will also protect it from dirt and oil though.

thankyou. we have a marina around here

Quote by metaldud536