I trying to learn the first november rain solo, and I have never really done any major string bending, and as you know, the solo in november rain is pretty much built on a few notes and some major bends.

My question is this. Sometimes when I do a full bend, my finger pushing the string I am bending goes UNDER the other strings. Is this ok or am I just supposed to push all the strings up. Dunno if this needs more explaination but if it does I will try.
I used to do that when I first learned bending, but I found that it's more accurate not to do that. I "push all the strings up" as I found that it gives you better access e.g. you can bend all the way up to 1.5 steps up
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Doesn't matter... whatever happens, happens. It's the truth of the matter. The "perfect" bend just pushes them and keeps them at the same level above the fretboard, but that almost never happens. This is one of those trivial things that doesn't matter one bit in the end. Don't concern yourself with it!

red
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by redwing_suck
Doesn't matter... whatever happens, happens. It's the truth of the matter. The "perfect" bend just pushes them and keeps them at the same level above the fretboard, but that almost never happens. This is one of those trivial things that doesn't matter one bit in the end. Don't concern yourself with it!

red

Yeah I agree..It doesnt really matter
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
I sometimes do the same (esp with the solo to dont cry - GnR) but it doesnt really affect me. I suppose its got a lot to do with the angle of your finger when your doing the bend
Been away, am back
ok, um... I've been meaning to say this for a while now.

Logz...... your avatar is the coolest.

that is all.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Use your 3 fingers ( or 2 maybe ) to bend the string and what should happen is the above strings bend aswell. This is what I did to stop bending under the above strings!
Listening to : Guns n' Roses, Slash's Snakepit , Velvet Revolver, Snow Patrol and Muse.

I wont die until I've learned every riff in the world!
Quote by BigFatSandwich
ok, um... I've been meaning to say this for a while now.

Logz...... your avatar is the coolest.

that is all.

/me thanks you

Been away, am back
Learn the first part of shine on you crazy diamond from floyd if you want excessive bending training :P