Should I get a SX GG2 from Rondo Music? Is it only £129 delivered and I am going to change the tuners and pups to some EMGs. The only problem is Kurt emailed me and said that they are not insured for damage in transit and that I have to pay taxes to import it. How much are they taxes to import from USA?

Here is the email he sent...

Hi

Yes, we can export for you.

However, we cannot honor the conditions as described on ebay/our web site. If you place a bid on ebay or our web site for this item the order will not be honored as it falls outside the terms and conditions of those sites.

Terms and conditions for export are below. Please keep in mind we are not setup to ?support? you with any problems you may have with this purchase due to the distance and cost involved for warranty service etc. So you will be purchasing this item ?as is?

Shipping is $85 USD

We accept payment via:

-Paypal to a PAYPAL. Paypal funds to ?kurt@rondomusic.com with your complete address and model description and color.

-Check ? to ?Rondo Music? drawn on US funds - We wait 10 business days to clear before shipping. (Sorry no credit cards)

Items are sent via Fed Ex Please allow 2 weeks to ship, depending on your payment method. It will be longer during holiday periods. We will insure your item. Lost items require a minimum of 60 days to recover the funds via insurance. Fed Ex often does not pay claims on damaged overseas items, only lost items.

You are responsible for paying all customs duties upon receipt of your item. Sorry, I don't know your total price with customs. For duty amount, contact your local government. All charges, including customs are non-refundable or any reason including non receipt of item, damage, wrong items sent etc).

I realize these are difficult conditions. If you agree to them - Please order from www.rondomusic.com - click on ?EBAY FORM? use Item number: 1 ? The price from the web site, the shipping from above. You can use the comments to enter any special shipping address information. PLEASE BE SURE INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER as part of your payment (in the comments). Often customs will not clear the transaction without this information.

Kurt

Rondo Music

Here is a link to the guitar http://www.rondomusic.net/gg2.html the wine red one
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Make sure you get the set neck.

If you wait a week or so, I'll be giving a full review on here about the GG2 and the GG4.
I doubt you'd pay customs on something that cheap, in australia they only charge you import tax for stuff over $800USD. It does look like a pretty **** guitar though, why would you buy it when you've already got an LP studio? I can't even see that guitar being used as a backup, much less an alternate.
Quote by rubberbullets
I doubt you'd pay customs on something that cheap, in australia they only charge you import tax for stuff over $800USD. It does look like a pretty **** guitar though, why would you buy it when you've already got an LP studio? I can't even see that guitar being used as a backup, much less an alternate.

why not, good shape, solid mahogany, maple it's ovbious you don't know much about guitars
My Gear:

people, the taxes sure can't be that much? Do you guys think it would be worth it? Put some EMG 60/81 in it with some new tuners?
My Gear:

tabber666, not recomended guitar! ive played it, it's not as good as its looks BUT it sounds alright and its overall good, it won't last you very long though...
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
why is that then? What is it like?
My Gear:

well, the wood chips easily, feels fragile and things just randomly fall off lol, when i played the guitar at first, it felt non solid and just wierd. I dunno, its just very unreliable, but alright for home practice if thats what your looking for..
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
do you think that could have just been the crap pick ups in it? is the feel for the guitar nice? does it look nice? hows it play?
My Gear:

Quote by herschel
well, the wood chips easily, feels fragile and things just randomly fall off lol, when i played the guitar at first, it felt non solid and just wierd. I dunno, its just very unreliable, but alright for home practice if thats what your looking for..

things fall off? it's mahogany, it doesn't chip easy? it must be crap
My Gear:

lol we typed at the same time...on top..of your quote...

m8 its alright for home use...but i wont go anywhere with it lol
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
if you customise it....it might work...
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
well i thought being as it's mahogony with a set neck, it would be solid. I was kinda hoping on it being good for gigs. if everyone else thinks this is crap, can someone please recommend a good quality lowest price explorer shape guitar. brands are not a must but it must be mahogony.
My Gear:

Quote by herschel

Did you own it or did all this stuff happen the first time you played it? What amp did you use?
i dunno...its the hardware which falls...its ok but i would use it standardly
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
all at the same time!!!
My Gear:

get a epiphone korina explorer...that's pretty nice...and sounds alright..its pretty light
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
Quote by herschel
i dunno...its the hardware which falls...its ok but i would use it standardly

like which hardware?
My Gear:

Quote by herschel
get a epiphone korina explorer...that's pretty nice...and sounds alright..its pretty light

I want mahogany and i dont want an epiphone really
My Gear:

i was gonna get a sx gg2...prs copy...but it wont last long...go to google and type jim deacon guitars to get the official sx series sight
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
sx gg2 that isn't the PRS copy, thats the explorer copy that I'm on about
My Gear:

the head key turners were wobbly..thats all...i wouldnt get it but you can fix these small problems just it will take time to custom...then gig with it..i only played it once...maybe i took it to deply and judged it to heavly...good luck on the decision...im off..
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
u know what i mean. go 2 the website. im not good with model numbers sorry!
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
Quote by herschel
the head key turners were wobbly..thats all...i wouldnt get it but you can fix these small problems just it will take time to custom...then gig with it..i only played it once...maybe i took it to deply and judged it to heavly...good luck on the decision...im off..

Oh right!! well that's expected, I was going to change them anyway
My Gear:

lol joka aite im struck with my scrappy squire with broken strings and a scratched stratched bye and cumtom it 2 death...can you get inlay stickers?
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
Quote by herschel
lol joka aite im struck with my scrappy squire with broken strings and a scratched stratched bye and cumtom it 2 death...can you get inlay stickers?

huh??? don't think so
My Gear:

Dont listen to herschel, he has NO IDEA what hes saying, hes mostlikely never played the guitar.

Its mahogany, the necks set.IF all else fails, new bridge\pups\tuners\pots\jack.

Try buying a finished body+neck for the price of the whole guitar!
thats what i just said. CUSTOM IT!
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
well herschel, if you say this guitar 'isn't too bad' and all you have got to compare it to is your squire, I am wondering about it. Your essentially saying it's worse than a squire?
My Gear:

i think its a good guitar (anythings better then my bloody squire) it's fantastic. it just needs work. what johnny said lol.. trust me...buy it...if it crap...chang it all.. soz for my bloody stupidity.. tabber 66 thanks for the digitech offer sorry..i'm got a headacke and i feel like a dumbass so bye
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.