I'm looking to do some behind the nut bending to get some decent bends on low frets, such as for the heartbreaker solo. Every time I try to do the bends required, it always feels like the string is going to snap or something, because there is so much room under the string to push at the headstock, and it is being pushed down, not sideways. Can you snap high strings if the high E is starting at a 9 or 10? Can you damage the guitar from doing behind the nut bends? I am a bit cautious of just going for it, but if I can get some reassurance that the strings probably won't snap or it won't damage the guitar, I will probably just go for it.
^doesn't realy no, but it's good fun an no it doesn't snap that quickly it's just a different feel that's all
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Yeah it's more likely to put it out of tune, but besides that, it should be ok. You will make it more likely to snap, but only if you keep doing it often.
I think for the odd bend, maybe just to show off or something, there's no harm in it.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
You know what gets my goat? A shepherd. Urgh.

Quote by meh!
Pfft, everyone gets your goat, your goat is a goat-slut. She/he/it is like the village uni-cycle..all of the clowns have had a ride..and you live in CLOWN VILLAGE.
I do it for the intro to Iron Man as well but thats it it just feels weird
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Well I have a floyd rose with a locking nut so I can't do it anyway, I just press down on the bridge :P

<ironman>
BBBOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I AM IRON MAAAAAN
</ironman>
Quote by Burpin'Worm
You know what gets my goat? A shepherd. Urgh.

Quote by meh!
Pfft, everyone gets your goat, your goat is a goat-slut. She/he/it is like the village uni-cycle..all of the clowns have had a ride..and you live in CLOWN VILLAGE.