Hey,

Just wondering, is the Rocktron Silver dragon a good way to go for metal distortion? I really hate the digital sounding distortion pedals - so is this a good way to go? I've heard its a good pedal, but I dont really know the brand rocktron. I will be running it through an SS amp (for now)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
I can't say for sure about the Silver Dragon specifically as I've never played on one, but in my experience Rocktron's pedals are kind of harsh( I had the Metal Planet and hated it after a while). Although if I remember correctly the Silver Dragon has an actual tube involved in the circuit so it could be a good choice. As I said I don't have experience with the Silver Dragon in particular, just Rocktron pedals in general, so don't take my word for it, try that sumbitch out!
Quote by newman13
I can't say for sure about the Silver Dragon specifically as I've never played on one, but in my experience Rocktron's pedals are kind of harsh( I had the Metal Planet and hated it after a while). Although if I remember correctly the Silver Dragon has an actual tube involved in the circuit so it could be a good choice. As I said I don't have experience with the Silver Dragon in particular, just Rocktron pedals in general, so don't take my word for it, try that sumbitch out!

hahahahahahha,

Thanks mate, bu theres not a lot of places that carry them in Aus - I've never even seen one in the areas around me, so I'd have to buy it and have it shipped before I could even play it........

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
go Tonebone man, has a Tube and is very versatile. don't like the rocktron stuff thoug, to weak for metal
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by FretboardToAsh
go Tonebone man, has a Tube and is very versatile. don't like the rocktron stuff thoug, to weak for metal

Got a link for that mate? I have heard that the rocktrons were good for metal Have you used the tonebone, or do u have one? Whats it like?

Thanks anyway,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
But it's a Tube so pretty expensive mine was sh and cost a 130 bucks. can do alot see for yourslef at the sound bites
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
the SilverDragon is like two pedals in one. on one side theres a normal distortion pedal. on the other theres a tube driven distortion pedal. its a 12AX7 tube.

both sides sound great IMO. alone theyre a little weak for metal, but who says you cant turn them both on at once? Once you click both parts on you can go as heavy as your heart desires. I think it would be a good pedal.

and it would certainly be a nice change from the usual "go with the Boss MT-2" or the "digitech deathmetal" which both suck horribly.
Quote by FretboardToAsh
But it's a Tube so pretty expensive mine was sh and cost a 130 bucks. can do alot see for yourslef at the sound bites

Thanks guys!

One other question - since both the tonebone and the silver dragon have a tube built in, does that mean that i can get tube distortion even though Im running it through a SS amp? Sorry, but im a noob when it comes to pedals and stuff.....

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
The only way to get true tube tone is with a true all tube amp. Sorry man lol.

BUT a pedal with a tube in it will improve your SS sound a lot. Make it warmer and more dynamic for sure.

Im still stickin to the SilverDragon.