Im sorry this is really bad but could someone fully explain to me about pickups passive and active etc sorry i jst dont no a thing about it and it confuses me and i wish to change mine. Cheers
Westfield strat (set on fire and thrown out a third story window taped up and still works)
A vintage metal axxe wraith
Trace elliot boxer 30 bass amp
marshall JH-1guitar pedal

Quote by nonickname
Does pantera still play? i heard they were looking for a guitarist
passives just send the passive electromagnetic signals to the amp where it gets boosted by the pre amp.
active have a built in pre-amp which boosts the signal before the amplifier. actives are generally used for high gain situations
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
active means it has like batteries i think and passive is just like your normal pickups.
examples of actives are EMGs and passive are most Dimarzio series
My gear:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Schecter Damien 6
BOSS GT-8 Multi FX
BOSS MT-2
Thanks alot
Westfield strat (set on fire and thrown out a third story window taped up and still works)
A vintage metal axxe wraith
Trace elliot boxer 30 bass amp
marshall JH-1guitar pedal

Quote by nonickname
Does pantera still play? i heard they were looking for a guitarist
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel