Interesting list.

Another one bites the dust is an awesome bassline.

I don't think I can find many faults at all.

The Top ten bassline creators is an interesting list too.
Since when are Rick James, Marvin Gaye, and Sly and the Family Stone rock?
Rock is a huge genre, I can see how they would be included.
It's a good list, not perfect... but pretty good. Better than any **** Kerrang can put out.
There are a few ones i would move around,but nice to see Take The Power Back up there. I would maybe move Commerford up the list a bit...

BB
x
Gear Lists Are For Boys Who Masturbate Too Much.
You can never take "best" lists seriously, especially one that thinks James Jamerson is rock, far from it. Rock has a totally different feel to the original R and B and funk stuff. Rock is about the energy, funk and R and B is about the groove and danciness.

In anycase there is no point in a list like this, what was the criteria? Probably just what bass line do you like the most and everyone has different opinions.

Edit: Funny how the number 1 rock bassist isn't even a rock bassist: http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_bassguitar.html
Last edited by katana_manatee at May 15, 2006,
Dear boy, take life less seriously. It's an editors view, changed afte readers input. Who cares anyway, it's just a bit of fun. I know you have fun in Scotland as i've been there many a time.

BB
x
Quote by bassbitch
Dear boy, take life less seriously. It's an editors view, changed afte readers input. Who cares anyway, it's just a bit of fun. I know you have fun in Scotland as i've been there many a time.

BB
x

I know it is just a bit of fun, hence why I said you can't take them very seriously although I perhaps went into a bit too much detail on why. I guess the problem is it can be hard to get the right tone across in just text.

I just think it is funny how they put in bassists which are definately not rock, anyway, you asked for our opinions and that just happens to be mine.
^ I agree, and never take them seriously. There are so many on there that i have forgotten about, don't know and also hate, but it's a nice little list for bassists to pluck some lines out of if they are feeling bored of writing their own tasty basslines

BB
x
Quote by bassbitch
^ I agree, and never take them seriously. There are so many on there that i have forgotten about, don't know and also hate, but it's a nice little list for bassists to pluck some lines out of if they are feeling bored of writing their own tasty basslines

BB
x

True, there are a lot of great and fun basslines there to learn.
mh... another one bites the dust isn't really that rocky... but queen are a rock band... oh well.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
Quote by Lacquer_Head
mh... another one bites the dust isn't really that rocky... but queen are a rock band... oh well.

yeah but that bass is great
Hmm

I can't understand why Paradise City made it to the list (well if 120-ish is still in the list...) but Rocket Queen is left out? Paradise City doesn't really have a bassline that stands out, Rocket Queen kicks so much ass.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
not a bad list, not a bad list. I think they could have picked some better primus songs than puppies and bastards. pretty substandard bass wise.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
It would have been nice to see Hysteria up there instead of Nirvana. There wasn't really a wide range of bands there either. Would have been nice to see something other than Rush, Cream, and Primus but a good list
I'm a fairly regular poster over at DDD and to my knowledge they include artists who had a heavy influence on rock music as well as all the artists that definately fall under the rock umbrella. Hence the inclusion of James Jamerson. Someone try and tell me he wasn't an influence on rock bass players.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.